Chapter 18

Peter dodged Tony's repulsor blast as he scooped Felicia up, keeping her away from Captain America and Sharon. His spider sense went off making him take Cap's shield from his hand. He and Felicia hid behind the vibranium shield just in time for Yoyo to run into it, knocking her backwards. Peter threw the shield at Tony's chest, preventing him from firing another blast. The duo ran towards the exit but was stopped when Cap threw the shield at the door, making ricochet into Peter's chest. Felicia and Peter looked around nervously as they were cornered by the four opponents.

"I bet you're wondering why the good guys are trying to beat the snot of their fellow good guys...well their fellow good guy and Felicia. Well for you to understand that we'll have to go back a few hours."

-Parker Residence, Hours Ago-

"C'mon Felicia...we're gonna be late," Peter grunted as he tried to pull Felicia out of the apartment without hurting her.

"No," Felicia whined, holding her grip on the door frame.

"You have to go, they called for both of us," said Peter annoyed, "Now let's go, they're waiting on us!"

"Nuh-uh! I didn't agree to do any of that S.H.I.E.L.D. meeting stuff, please don't make me go," Felicia pouted.

Peter rolled his eyes and sighed, "Fine, if you go I'll..." Peter leaned in close to her ear and whispered something. Felicia looked at him with a surprised look, her eyes wide. Peter replied with a nod, "Yep and..." He went back to her ear again, her face burning red before she bolted out of the apartment to the elevator, pressing the down button over and over.

Gwen glanced down at Felicia before turning to Peter, "What did you say to her?"

Peter handed her his wallet, "Make sure you buy a ton of Gatorade, I'm gonna need it later. Oh and chocolate syrup!"

Peter and Felicia walked into S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, Felicia still nervous as she shakily followed Peter to the room they were supposed to meet Cap and the team. "Will you chill out," Peter asked as Felicia grabbed his arm, "You're not a wanted criminal anymore, they're not going to arrest you for no reason."

Felicia hid behind him, "Still, you never know when one of these guys are gonna come out of the bl-AH!"

Felicia cried out in surprise as Iron Man landed in front of them, "Spidey! Good to see ya man." Tony retracted his visor and smirked at Felicia who as she hid behind Peter, "Who's your friend?"

Peter wrapped his arm around Felicia's waist and held her close, "She's taken Stark."

Tony rolled his eyes and started to walk away, "Whatever Webs, let's get going Cap's waiting on us." Peter and Felicia followed Tony into a S.H.I.E.L.D. forensics lab.

Steve turned to the door and smiled at them entering. "Miss Hardy, thank you for assisting us with this mission," said Steve extending his arm to shake Felicia's hand. Peter pushed her from her hiding place to Steve's waiting hand, giving her a condescending glare.

Felicia nervously shook his hand smiling, "T-Thanks for the opportunity Mr Captain America sir."

Peter chuckled under his breath at Felicia's exasperation, "So Cap, what seems to be the problem?"