Eight: Why Is Everything So Complicated With You?

514 words! Not too long, or too short. I wanted to leave it on a kind of cliffhanger {I'm mean.} But a new chapter will be coming soon. It is going to be Moon's POV. I'm going to stop slowing down the plot and get to what is going to happen! Thanks for reading! <3

Winter did not want Qibli to leave him. He felt lonely all the time without anyone, but the scavengers. The Icewing would not admit it to anyone, never. But he still felt it somewhere deep inside of him. Perhaps in the empty pit where his heart used to be before his family had banished him from the Ice Kingdom, his own home. He felt that this Sandwing was one of the only things that made him feel, not happy, but slightly pleased.

He liked having friends around. Someone who cared about him. When Winter had gotten those cuts all over his talons, Qibli was at his side right away, trying to help him. His family would have looked at him, not even needing to say that Winter was a disappointment because he already knew. Those hurtful words pushed inside of his head at a very young age. Not to mention that most of his family was homophobic. 

That was why Winter did not want Qibli around. He knew he was one hundred percent gay. He also knew that Qibli was freakishly attractive. 

"I'll visit sometime." The Sandwing said with a blank look plastered on his beautiful, freckled face. Winter hated it. How his face showed no emotion sometimes, or how he sometimes made a joke to distract other dragons from him when he was upset. Winter let out a huff and rolled his eyes. He could not say that he wanted other dragons to know when he felt sad... or other emotions. 

"No," He growled, lifting his lip in a snarl. Qibli flinched and looked at the ground. "Your going to stay here, with me. You are going to earn your keep here, get a job or something- so you can stay here a-" Winter cut himself off. Knowing that he was stammering about the wrong things. 

Qibli tried to smile at him reassuringly. "I can't stay here." He concluded, leaving Winter defeated. He slouched his back and looked up at Qibli's dark black eyes. The Icewing was extremely close to having a mental breakdown, right here, right now. 

"Please." He gasped out, pulling the last straw. He was not acting like a respectable Icewing prince. He was not a Icewing prince anymore. His family was not here to correct his grammar or criticize him. They could not get mad at him for being  who he was. He did not care anymore. Not. One. Bit.

"I can't-" Qibli started to speak, but was cut off by Winter's icy cold voice. "I need you here. I love you." He murmured, looking at the floor. The Sandwing actually had the nerv to laugh. Winter turned away in anger and pain. "You are a idiot!" He growled at his friend. Qibli continued to laugh, he started to wheeze. "No, Me too!" The corners of his mouth curling up into a satisfied smirk.|
"You're the idiot. I love idiots like you. I love you." He said getting up from the floor and atarting to walk away. The Sandwing turned his head around. "Just because I love you doesn't mean I'll stay."