Twenty Nine: Jumpscare

Sorry, this is short and trashy but I'm forcing myself to work now and this is what I've managed to type up. I love you guys but I don't have the energy. sorry :) I might also make some art of wof what characters should I draw

Winter jumped and swiveled his head around to see Clay in the doorway. He gasped, frowning. "Were you listening to our conversation? How dare you-" The Icewing was cut off by Qibli smacking his back with his sharp, but obviously curled up, tail. Winter glared at him. 

"What is it?" Kinkajou asked, looking at the concerned look on the large Mudwing's face. He shook his head. "Peril has set one of the classrooms on fire." He glanced at Winter and then back to Kinkajou. 

No. Winter thought shaking his head. There was no way that the Icewing was going to use his frost breath on one stupid fire.

And yet there he was, approximately twenty minutes later standing in the middle of the burning history classroom. He had to shift on his feet while standing because the ground was pretty much scorching his talons. The Icewing opened his mouth wide, spraying his frost breath over the maps and the scrolls in hope to save them, while Qibli, Clay and Kinkajou stood in the corner of the room looking very worried, and Peril stood outside with a guilty look plastered onto her orange face. Well, Qibli had a smirk on his face for some reason, Winter rolled his eyes, focusing on trying to hit another blaze of fire.

When he was finished, he walked back to his friends, and well his boyfriend. He couldn't even believe the fact that Qibli was his boyfriend. The Icewing stopped once he was in front of them, well he still had to pretty much tap dance because of the hot floor. He was more sensitive to it, being used to the cooling snow and ice under his talons.

Qibli laughed, "Is that too hot for you, Princess? Want me to pick you up?" He smirked, reaching out a talon to grab Winter's face. The Icewing snarled, turning his head and glaring at his boyfriend. His face was all blue though. He could tell that the Sandwing found it absolutely hilarious.

"Awww! You guys are so cute together!!" Kinkajou squealed, quite loudly, Winter would have covered his ears but she was too fast. He groaned and rolled his eyes. "You guys should get to cleaning this place. I already did most of the work." Winter said, brushing his talons off on Qibli, who scowled at him.

"Okay! Okay!" Kinkajou exclaimed, walking into the mess that used to be a library. Qibli exchanged a look with the Icewing next to him, and then followed her. 

Winter sighed, it may not seem like it. But shooting out frost breath was kind of an exhausting job. He looked at Clay, and a guilty Peril. The Skywing stepped forward and started to speak to Winter. "You know I'm really sorry about all of this I didn't mean to cause all this trouble-" 

He shook his head and turned to Clay instead. "Can't you just expel her or something? I shouldn't have to be cleaning up her mess!" Winter hissed, full of hate. The Mudwing in front of him looked taken aback. He frowned. 

"Peril is a student here, you shouldn't be rude to your classmates." Clay explained. But his voice was soft, and Winter still knew that he would never understand why dragons fought, why they couldn't just work things out. Clay would never be able to yell at a dragonet, even if it was Winter.

"Don't be rude, Ice face!" (I almost wrote ice spice XD) Someone said from behind him. Winter turned around, just to be swatted in the face by Qibli's tail. The barb was curled up though, just to make sure he wouldn't accidently kill his boyfriend.

Winter rolled his eyes. "Why are you butting into this conversation. You still haven't finished cleaning the library, It's not even spotless!" He growled at the shorter dragon. Qibli elbowed him. "I'm aware that you might be a princess. But no way I'm your servant, baby." He said, shaking his head and turning to look at Peril and Clay.

"I'm sorry about him. He's kind of a big fat bully. He'll hold grudges for years and years-" Winter glared at his boyfriend and shoved him. Qibli, who only stepped to the side, gave him a questioning look. "Do you want to say something or where you just finding an excuse to touch me? Now I know I'm absolutely gorgeous. But-"

Winter groaned. "No! Just stop telling them stuff- stuff that is not true!" The Icewing finally exclaimed, waving his talons around in the air for emphasize his point. He shook his head. "You tried to kill me! I'm not going to forgive you!" 

Peril flinched; she looked down guiltily. Clay put a talon on her back, trying to calm her down. But after a few seconds he had to pull away. There was no way that Peril was going to stay in Jade Mountain Academy without getting expelled. At that point even Winter felt bad. Peril had no one there for her.