Ten: Winter's Reaction

621 words... I hate to post a short chapter, but at least I posted something. I'm working on chapter 11 right now and it might be out by the end of the week. Thank you for reading! :)

Winter paced around his small living room. Was his friend serious about going back to his home in the sand kingdom? How could he do this to Winter?! As the light colored dragon continued to walk around his house he heard a knock at his door. He let out a angered groan and walked to the door. As his claws brushed the metal handle a thought came to his head. What if it was Qibli? What if Qibli was coming back to Winter's house to apologize for walking away like that and then he would say that he actually did want to be his boyfriend an- 

Another knock at the door ended the Icewing's train of thought. He turned the door handle and looked outside. "You are not Qibli." He said almost accusingly, making the dragon at the door flinch. "I never said I was." Moon mumbled, looking at her talons. She let out a nervous sigh and met Winter's eyes. "I came to see him." 

The Icewing could sense how nervous she was. He did not care though, he was in a bad mood. It was a bad day, and Qibli was gone. "Who?" Winter snapped at her. Moonwatcher looked back at the ground. That small burst of confidence was completely gone. "I...I-my-Qibli..." She mumbled, shuffling her feet awkwardly. 

 Winter was fuming. Her Qibli? What was her problem? She couldn't just claim dragons! The Icewing's head snapped up. His light blue eyes widened as he looked at the nightwing in front of him with his most menacing glare. Then he snarled at her, "Your Qibli? You can not just-you- he's not yours! He's not even your boyfriend anymore!" 

Moonwatcher took a small step back. She blinked a couple of times, realizing that she had just been yelled at. The Nightwing let out a small whimper and turned around quickly, sprinting in the other direction.

The best part was that Winter did not care. Not one single bit. He knew that it was not the right thing to do. But he could not help it. He was absolutely ticked off. That monster had hurt his best friend, or he could say only friend. Kinkajou was annoying, Moonwatcher absolutely sucked, Umber left the school, Turtle was a wimp, Peril had nearly killed him, and his family dispised him. He could not think about his evil family right now. 

Instead, the Icewing let out a sigh of relief and slammed the door. Your father is dead. His mind decided to randomly repeat, as he walked into the living room once more. Winte let out a shaky breath. It still had not sunk in that his father, someone who he thought would always be there to torment him, was gone. Dead. His mind whispered again. 

The poor dragon sat in the living room for a while. He did not know what to do. He did not want to follow Qibli to the Sand kingdom, as the Sandwing said he did want to go alone. Plus, Winter was definitely not a creepy stalker. Darkstalker... Could his brain not just shup up for at least two seconds? The Darkstalker still scared him, haunted him. Another reason he hated being alone, especially in the dark. Inside, the tough looking Icewing was just a scared dragonet with a terrible family and no friends.

He felt like trash without Qibli. Winter just could not stay alone in the house without him. There was no way in hell he was going to stay a moment longer. The Icewing started to walk towards the wooden door. Pushing the thing open, with a little too much vigor. He raced through the small town. The dragon was going to his safe place, the scavenger village.