Nine: Second thoughts

Short chapter today, sorry! Haven't had a lot of time to write all of this stuff because I was really busy and stuff. But I  am going to try to update at least once a week. Wrote this a while ago and was not happy with it at all, so I decided to edit it. But ended up not liking it anyways, so here it is. :)

Qibli had a couple of dried tears still visible on his freckled face. He had just left Winter without saying goodbye. He knew that it was not the right thing to do, it was actually very mean. Especially since the Icewing had told the Sandwing how he felt about him.  But here he was flying across the hot desert, getting closer and closer to his 'home' every second. His wings were sore from flying for so long. He had been in the sky for a long time. The sun was just about to set. 

Qibli had been away from Winter for almost a whole day now. The two dragons had not been apart since Qibli had returned from sanctuary. The sand dragon knew how sad and lonely Winter got when he was all alone. But he just had to leave. He had to go home to see Thorn, the best queen in Phyria. He loved his queen. But he also loved his best friend. Qibli was going to come back to Winter eventually. He just needed some time to think and get over Moon. Not to mention he missed his friends and his... he couldn't exactly call them family, because they were not his family. His family hated him. His own mother sold him, his siblings abused him, and worst of all; his grandfather had tried to kill him. What a pleasant family he had. 

As he descended onto the rocky gravel of the Sand kingdom Qibli continued to think about his family. As you should know overthinking was one of Qibli's specialties. Suddenly he was knocked over by something, or someone. As he landed on the sand, he felt the breath get knocked right out of his lungs. Whoever had knocked him over must have been very strong, or just heavy. He looked up, seeing the face of a familiar dragon. "Six-claws?" Qibli squealed getting up from the ground. The dragon in front of him was in fact Six-claws. A smile tugged at the sides of his lips and he started to laugh. That was when Qibli knew he was home.