Eighteen: Will She Believe Her?

(The picture on the top is some kind of weird thing I made when I felt bad for not posting anything lol, It's basically some colors that represent the dragons in the fanfic so far)

Sorry for not posting last week. I'm going through a bit of a hard time and working on my other fic, the frerard one, because it makes me less sad. Also go check out my art book! I might be adding some Qinter and WOF art in there soon! :) warning it has a bunch of stupid frerard stuff too :)

Kinkajou roamed the halls of Jade Mountain Academy looking for her friend Moon. She had been looking for the Nightwing for a couple of hours. It disappointed her that Moon still loved Qibli. She was mad at him. No, she was angry and jealous of him. That was probably why she was turning orange at the thought of the Sandwing.

The Rainwing sighed. She was the kind of dragon that admitted everything to herself. And she had to admit that it was a little embarrassing for her to know that everyone could tell she was angry because of the color of her scales.

"Kinkajou!" The she heard someone call from behind her. The now orange dragon turned around to see the very dragon she had been looking for. The black dragon walked closer to her with a small smirk on her lips. 

"Hey," The Rainwing greeted her. Moon shook her head smirking. "Hi." She said, walking closer to Kinkajou and wrapping a dark colored wing around her. She looked down at the shorter dragon and smirked. "You know, I heard that Qibli is in the Sand kingdom right now." The Nightwing suddenly said. Kinkajou gave her a questioning look. But then nodded. 

"I-I thought you were done with Qibli?" The yellow and pink dragon said, it sounded like a question though. The black dragon next to her scoffed and rolled her eyes sassily. Then she started to speak again. "Well, yes I am sort of done with him..." She looked behind her before speaking again. "But I have an idea." The Rainwing looked up at the other dragon. "How would you feel about dating me?" 

Kinkajou's heard jumped. It felt like she was on top of the world. Had Moonwatcher just asked her out? She was the happiest dragon alive at that moment. But that was before Moon added, "But you know... not actually... like I-I want to make him jealous." The Nightwing looked at her with a proud look. What was she so proud about? She just made Kinkajou have a heart attack and now she was trying to hurt Qibli? Kinkajou wasn't really one for revenge or any kind of violence at all; not many Rainwings were into violence... She did not want to hurt Qibli. But he had hurt Moon, her best friend in all of the world.

"O-Okay..." She finally answered after a moment of awkwardness. Moon gave her a nervous glance. Kinkajou looked down at her talons. That was when she noticed what her, now girlfriend, was staring at. She was all light pink and purple. Oh god she hated the way her scales changed color whenever her feelings changed. But again, she loved it because she never had to explain her feelings to other dragons, they just knew what she was feeling by looking at her.     

Moonwatcher smirked at the Rainwing next to her. She unwrapped her wing from Kinkajou and said, "Ok. Great!" Then she smiled at her and scampered away. With that their conversation was over and Kinkajou was left very confused and sad. How could Moon say that to her? How could she get Kinkajou's hopes up that at least someone liked her and then crush the small bit of hope she had?

It wasn't fair because everyone thought that she was perfect. But no, everyone had insecurities, even if they are invisible to others. Now those insecurities were in plain sight as the poor Rainwing turned a far too bright shade of white. Being a Rainwing actually sucked.