Twenty Seven: Don't Cry Princess

Chapter as promised! Idk if i should even put a trigger warning on this but... TW: abuse (it doent happen in this chapter its just briefly mentioned)

Winter was curled up next to the underground lake at Jade Mountain Academy. It smelled like the sea, probably because of all of the Seawings that visited it so often. Ew.

He sniffed. He knew he was being too dramatic about this. He knew. But he didn't know what to say. One moment Qibli was telling him that he didn't want to be in any relationships l, the next he was kissing him and telling him that he needed time. What was that supposed to mean?

Make up your mind, Sand butt. Winter thought angrily. He needs to stop giving me mixed signals.

"Are you crying?" A voice said from behind the Icewing. Winter was seriously considering drowning himself in the lake. Couldn't he be left alone for fiv minutes? He absolutely hated, and when he meant hated. he meant hated, crying in front of other dragon's.

When Winter stayed silent Qibli sat down next to him, a bit too close, curling in his tailback so he wouldn't hurt the other  dragon.

Winter huffed, looking away and moving farther away from the Sandwing. "What makes you think that you can sit here?" He shook his head.

Qibli shrugged, tapping his tail on the cold stone ground nervously. There was a very uncomfortable silence. It felt like it lasted for hours until Qibli broke it.

"Why don't you want to be my boyfriend?" He asked quietly, it was almost a whisper. Winter barely heard it.

"I-I never said that." He mumbled, keeping his eyes looking at the lake. Qibli looked over there too briefly, then looked back at Winter.

"So you're saying you want to eb my boyfriend?" Qibli asked raising an eye ridge, looking very confused.

"I never said that either." Winter was growing impatient. Why couldn't Qibli just understand that he was confused and hurt and he didn't want to get attached to any more dragons he could lose? It hurt. A lot.

"You need to make up your mind-" Qibli started to say. But he was cut off by Winter standing up.

"What about you?!" Winter yelled at him, tears rolling down his face. Why couldn't dragons just give him a break.

"Huh me? You're Mr. I love you but I can't right now!" Qibli yelled back, getting up from the ground. Even though Qibli was shorted that Winter, he was very intimidating and there was no way he was going to be able to hold the tears in while someone was yelling at him. He was never able to hold the tears in while being yelled at as a dragonet.

"I JUST DON'T WANT TO GET ATTACHED TO YOU!" He looked at Qibli, who had a surprised wlexpresion on his face. Winter had yelled pretty loud...

You need to apologize. He'll hit you. He's going to beat you up, you're going to be no more than a bunch of smashed blueberries when he's done with you.

"I-I... I'm sorry mom!" He whimpered, letting his tears go. Winter sat back down, letting his head hang down low. "Please don't hit me... I'm s-sorry." And soon he was sobbing.

Great way to not cry in front of other dragons...