Twelve: Sand Kingdom

Only 413 words. It's not a long chapter, but even I can say it's better than no chapter at all this week. Not too much action, I think next chapter will be more exciting: going snail hunting with Winter and Sky. :) 

Qibli wondered around the Sandwing palace with a grumpy looking six claws. He was trying to find Queen Thorn so he could finally talk to her. He missed her immensely while he was in pantala and at jade mountain academy. But the prickly dragon behind him had told him that the queen was busy. Now the two were trying to kill a bit of time while waiting for their queen.

"When do you think she's going to be done?" The Sandwing whined as he passed yet another room in the palace. Six-claws looked at him blankly. He shook his head. "I thought your mind had grown. But you're just an impatient dragonet." The other Sandwing remarked. Qibli frowned and started to get a little annoyed himself. "I am smart." He whispered, more to himself than to the dragon in front of him. 

Six-claws let out a deep chuckle and turned towards Qibli. "I never said you weren't smart. I said that you were still truly a dragonet. You have an extremely obnoxious personality, telling those idiotic jokes and puns." He was starting to sound a little bit like Winter. Qibli missed him. He was starting to regret going away like this. He should have at least said goodbye instead of walking away like that.

Suddenly the poor dragon's head started to hurt. Maybe he was not as smart as he thought. Qibli sighed and looked up at Six-claws. "Actually, I think I am getting a little tired. I'm going to go to my room. You can wake me up when Queen Thorn is finished with her work." He said looking over his shoulder. The Sandwing in front of him nodded slowly. "That is good, you need to rest." Six-claws turned around and walked in the other direction, leaving Qibli alone in the humongous halls of the palace.

The dragon sighed and slowly turned around. Moving in the direction of his old room. Qibli was just exhausted. He wanted-no, needed some time to think things through and figure out what to do about Winter.

It was still hard to believe that in a couple of weeks he had managed to break up with his girlfriend, question his sexuality, have his friend announce that he was in love with him, and then run away. The dragon needed some time to process it all. Or at least that is what he thought, as his eyelids became heavier and he fell asleep as soon as he got into his old room.