Fifteen: Reunited

This has almost 900 words. Not too much writing but it's better than nothing. :)

Winter had been acting like a stupid dragonet. He flew all the way to the Sand kingdom to see Qibli. There was no reason that the Sandwing would want to see him. It was irresponsible to leave Sky alone in a forest hunting for snails. Wren would surely murder him when he came back to sanctuary. 

Well, he couldn't go back and change it now. Winter was sprinting for his life. He was inside the hallways of the Sandwing castle. There were two guards chasing after him, as he ran full speed across the halls. They said that he could see Qibli later. But he needed to see him now.

Speaking of seeing Qibli, the Sandwing was trotting across the hallway right in front of him. What was his luck. He slowed down a little, walking calmly towards his friend. Qibli looked over his shoulder and then back forward, crashing into the Icewing. 

Winter let out a huff, getting Qibli's attention and making him look up at the other dragon. The Sanding's beautiful, freckled face grimaced and he backed up a couple of steps. The Icewing's heart sank, and it was getting harder for him to breathe. 

"There he is!" He heard a raspy voice yell from behind him. He turned, seeing the two guards galloping their way. Winter and Qibli both exchanged a glance with each other. The next thing Winter knew, the two were speeding down the hallways together trying to avoid the guards. 

Qibli stopped sharply in front of a door, pushing in open and letting the Icewing inside, then following inside and slamming it shut. Winter stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, as Qibli stayed leaning against the door. 

"What the-what are y-you..." The Sandwing tried to form a sentence, failing. "Winter sighed. "What am I doing here?" He asked, trying to understand his friend. Instead of answering Qibli nodded, he had a tired look on his face and there was sweat rolling down his face. But it was Qibli, and Winter was finally with him again. 

"I missed you." He said simply, making Qibli blush a shade of red that could only resemble Skywing scales. He chuckled, leaning back on the door as, presumably the guards, banged on the door. "I knew you'd say that one day. Deep down you know that I'm your favorite dragon to ever exist!" The Sandwing said with a smirk.

 Winter scoffed and gave Qibli an annoyed look, attempting to cover up his embarrassment. "I wanted to check if you were still alive or if Moon came to hunt you down yet." The poor Sandwing flinched at the mention of Moon and looked at Winter with wild eyes. "I've had enough of your stupid jokes today." He got up from the floor and away from the door, pulling in his wings so they were closer to his body. 

Then he sat himself on his bed with a sigh. "I sound like you..." He mumbled looking up at the Icewing that was still standing in the center of his room, looking a little embarrassed. Winter turned his head to Qibli. 

He saw the dragon's saddened eyes as he looked back at him. "Sit with me." Qibli said patting the spot on the bed next to him. Winter shook his head, making the Sandwing pout. "C'mon, sit." He said again. 

Winter scoffed, slowly walking across the room and sitting down next to his friend. He felt something poke him in his back, turning around he saw that Qibli put his wing around Winter. "Sorry." The Sandwing muttered as he rested his head on Winter's shoulder. The Icewing flinched, but soon he relaxed to Qibli's touch.

"Is Monnwatcher actually.... coming to hunt me down and try to get with me?" The dragon asked curiously, his chin hitting Winter's shoulder every word he spoke. Winter shook his head lightly. "No..." He said slowly, looking down at the Sandwing next to him. "But I came here to hunt you down and try to get with you." The Icewing told him with a small smirk. 

Qibli grinned, lifting his head off of Winter's shoulder and leaned up towards Winters face, placing a small kiss on his cheek. The blood rushed to Winter's face, making him look like a oversized blueberry. "Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" He asked once his head was on the Icewing's shoulder once again.

Winter nodded hesitantly, not saying a word. "You know I don't have a clue about my sexuality and-" The Icewing cut him off abruptly as he exclaimed, "I'm bisexual, Qibli!" He buried his face in his talons. Then there was a long silence. 

"I'm not homophobic or anything. I just don't... I-I don't know what I am..." The Sandwing whimpered, tears forming in his eyes. Winter felt bad, he mad Qibli cry again. Was that all he could do. He wasn't good at anything. 

"It's okay. That is okay." Winter muttered slowly, reaching his claws over to wipe the Sandwing's tears off of his face. "You're okay." He said, as the two lied down on Qibli's bed. The small yellow dragon sobbed softly as he curled up next to Winter. 

Soon the poor Sandwing's sobs subsided, and Winter found he was asleep. The Icewing was tired himself, so he rested his head on Qibli. His exhaustion overtook him and he was sleeping in no time.