Chapter 2

Finally, it was lunchtime. After Math, the rest of the class were boring. Taya tried to stay awake in Chemistry class. Keyword tried. It's a good thing we sat at the back and Ms. Gale didn't see a sleeping Taya. We went to our table and pulled out our lunch. I packed Garlic Pizza Bread and sweet lemon tea while Taya's lunch was Mac n' Cheese and a can of Dr. Pepper. Both of us share our lunch while we talk about anything.

When she took a bite of my Garlic Pizza Bread, she moaned. "Gray, I swear. Your cooking skills are amazing! How do you do it?"

I grinned and shrugged my shoulders. "I just love to cook and bake."

"Same here but mine's unrequited."

It's true that she loves to cook and bake too but the problem was cooking and baking doesn't love her back. She tried to do simple recipes I sent her but she ends up burning the food or putting the kitchen on fire. After the Grilled Cheese fiasco, Sharon, Taya's mom, forbid her to cook or bake in the kitchen ever again.

Taya glanced up and glared. "You have a problem?" she spoke loudly. I looked behind me to see who she was talking to and saw it was Jackson. He was seated  three tables away from us with Tom, Tiffany and the rest of the popular kids. His eyes were on me and I turned away from his uncomfortable stare. Tom said something to him and he looked away.

"That's right, look away! Mind your own damn business!" she shouted at him. I gently held her hand and she calmed down. "I really wanna kick his balls again. He doesn't have  the right to act like his a hurt. The puppy act doesn't suit him."

"Just ignore him," I told her. "Even if he's sorry, I can't imagine myself getting back together with him."

"That's my girl! I'm proud of you." she smiled. A minute later she snapped her fingers. "I almost forgot. The movie house is showing old films this Friday for the Film Festival. Planning to watch?"

"Do you even need to ask?" I giggled.

I love watching movies especially old films. There's something so alluring and hypnotizing about it. The way they talk and move, it just captures my whole attention. Also, it's a chance for me to see a glimpse of how people were from the past.

"So, what are they showing?" I asked her.

"A movie called 'I Love You So'. Heard of it?" she took another bite of my pizza bread. 

My eyes widened in excitement. I know that movie! It's one of the best movies of all time.

"Judging by your reaction, you know it." she smirked.

"Of course! I love that movie! The actors did such an amazing job. You could actually feel their love. They have such good chemistry. Also, James Ryder was so handsome." I said dreamily.

"Okay, okay. Let's go see it this Friday. I want to know what this movie made you so hyped up."

"You won't regret it."

*************************************

School ended and I said goodbye to Taya before going to work. I worked part time in a bookshop called Book Keeper. It's a small bookshop owned by two lovely old married couple, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. 

It was sophomore year. I was on my way home from the supermarket when I saw their 'Help Wanted' sign. The minute I entered the shop, I was greeted by the sweet smell of books and coffee. It was love at first sight and Mrs. Johnson was the one welcomed me. I told her I wanted to work part time and was happy they hired me. My work schedule are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I get to be around with books and coffee. The bookshop was like a second home to me.