Chapter 6

I spent the whole weekend with my parents. They took the time off to spend some time with me. We stayed home ordered pizza and watched horror movies; mom's choice. Dad and I weren't a fan of horror movies but mom won rock, paper, scissors. So, dad and I had our eyes closed most of the movie. I slept with the lamp on that night.

Now, it's Monday once again which means school time. I didn't have a problem going to school. Because of Jackson and Tiffany, it lessened my motivation to go to school. I hope they'll leave me alone.

I went downstairs to have breakfast and there were pancakes and a glass of orange juice on the table. I took the note beside it.

We left for work early. Pancakes and juice for breakfast. Love you and be safe.

- Mom & Dad

I smiled and sat down to eat my food. I ate my breakfast in comfortable silence. After eating, I washed my plate before leaving for school. I walked to my car and got inside. Turning on the engine and radio, I drove off to school. The radio played Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I turned the music up and sang along.

Soon, I arrived at school. I parked my car and grabbed my backpack before I got out. I locked the door and walked towards the building. As I got inside, I was met with a crowded hallway as always. Kids were excitedly talking about dresses, dates, corsages and prom king and queen nominations. Then, I remembered about Prom. The theme was Hollywood Glamour. I wasn't planning to go anyways so there's nothing for me to fuss about.

Taya was standing by my locker before I could say anything, she beat me to it.

"Omg! We totally forgot to buy our dresses!" she burst out.

"Huh?" was all I replied.

"Dresses. Prom. Ring any bell." she deadpanned.

"I know. I just didn't plan on going." I shrugged nonchalantly

"What? We have to go. You have to go. This is our last dance as seniors before we graduate and go to college! Don't you want to make memories?"

"I do, just not at Prom. Plus, we don't have a date. Or... maybe you have."

"Yes and I need my best friend at Prom so I won't make a fool out of myself."

"You have a date and didn't tell me?! Well, who's the guy?"

"Tom. He asked me to be his date last Friday. He gave me an orchid as a proposal."

"Aww.. Tee! That's so sweet! Orchids are your favorite." and my eyes widened in realization. "He asked you out last Friday and you didn't even tell me?! We spent the whole day!"

"Whoops, sorry I forgot." she giggled when I playfully glared at her. "I'm sorry, okay! So, please come to prom."

"I don't have a date though..."

"I asked Ken to be your date and he said yes. I also asked Greg if it's cool with him and he's okay with it as long as he gets to choose our dresses."

"Wow... you've really planned out everything."

"I know! I'm great aren't I? So, you're going?"

"Guess, I have no choice." I shrugged.

She squealed and wrapped her arms around my neck. "This is going to be night we won't forget! So, after school Greg will meet us at the dress shop and later on we're going to buy our shoes. Oh, and maybe buy jewelry that goes with our dresses..."

I nodded at every word she said. She was talking nonstop. I saw Jackson at the corner of my eye. He was with his friends by his locker. I ignored his gaze on me. Good thing Taya didn't notice him as she rambles on. I internally thanked Tom when he snapped his fingers at Jackson's face. He gave him a disapproving look. The bell rang and we hurriedly went to class while Taya still rambles on about our plans for later.