Chapter 2

(Y/N) and their aunt were in the car, a road trip toward New York.

While their aunt was driving (Y/N) was hurdled into a ball, with their seatbelt of course! Safety first kids!

You were doodling and looked outside, keep in mind there was a glorious sunset. Oh, how you wanted to camp here for how beautiful the view had seem.

All you could do is sit and stare outside, for your nintendo switch was charging including your phone which lead to the boringness part of a road trip when you're at a freeway.

"How is it back there, (Y/N)?" Your aunt asked trying to prevent the silence that was too loud.

"Good!" You smiled toward her, she smiled back.

"Soo... any research about New York? Any activities you want to do before break ends?" She asked trying hard to continue the little conversation.

Your eyes sparkled,"There's this pizza place that looks delicious and I would like to try it there I believe it's called 'Tony Lou's Pizza'!" You were happy since it was your second favorite food!

For what felt like forever your aunt pulled over at the gas station ,"(Y/N), go buy some snacks for me n' you! Get me.. chocolate!" She told you giving you 20 bucks of cash.

She opened the door for you, helping you out, she got her purse that was inside the car, moving to buy 1/2 tank full as she always does.

You snapped back into reality, getting out the car, going inside.

"Chocolate...chocolate..." You whispered underneath your breathe. Then a girl wearing mostly yellow came up to you, she had red glasses, and curly hair that was separated into two full buns.

"Ya lookin' for chocolate?" She asked you.

"No thank you ,I'm go-" You answered her shoving your hands into your pockets.

"Well they're in the next isle to the left!" She interrupted you.

You breathed trying to ease your temper. She looked around your age but a few years older. Maybe a sophomore? Just one year older than you.

You started walking toward the isle looking for your favorite chocolate and your aunts.

"My names April O'neil!!" She dramatically exaggerated the 'O' in her last name. She was following you.

You grabbed you and your aunts favorite chocolates.

"Ooo~! You like those too?" She squealed

"Me too!" she added on.

"Yea..." You mumbled while you walked to the cashier.

"You on vacay?" April asked. You thought when can I get peace. You got two slushees  for you and your aunt.

"Yes, yes I am." You said quietly.

"Sooo, what grade are you? I'mma be a sophomore this year." She said trying to pull up her glasses up like she was cool or something. "That'll be ..12.92 " You handed the money to the cashier.

"Gonna be freshman." You quickly responded. She then wrote something on a scratch sheet of paper ripping it in half handing them both to me.

"Add your number on it. You seem ...COOL!" She yelled. You didn't wanna be rude and added your number, handing it to her then she took it .

"April! Lets go!" You guessed her dad yelled out loud."Bye!" she squeaked ,shoving it in her pocked and ran outside.

You walked out too, staring at her name and number.