Chapter 2

After the dinner the three of us climbed into the limo and it took us back to my house. I launched myself out of the vehicle first. I couldn't stand the awkwardness anymore.

"Goodbye Emelia." I said through gritted teeth waving at her as I walked towards the house.

"Goodbye Clara." She said politely.

I continue up the steps to the door when I heard heels coming up the stairs behind me.

"Oh did you forget something inside?" I asked as she caught up to me.

"No" she shrugged and walked into the house.

I turned to looked at my father with a questioning gaze. He was laughing to himself.

"Emelia is staying with us." He shrugged and walked by me into the house.

I stood there for a moment. Why is no one telling me anything?

I stomped inside and all the way up to my room.

Not only do I have to work with that very strange girl! Now I have to live with her too?

I took off my dress and threw myself onto my bed. Today did not go how I expected.

I need to let off some steam. I threw on a bikini and threw a towel over my shoulders. It was too dark to go to the beach so the pool would have to do. I FaceTimed Eric on my way down the stairs.

"Well hello there." He said smiling at me.

"Hi." I smiled back.

" is it me or are you wearing less clothing than usual?"

"I am going swimming." I grinned and held the phone up so he could see my whole body.

" you should definitely bring that when you come and visit me." He winked.

I moved the phone back so he could see my face.

"I can make that happen." I smiled sweetly back.

"Ughhh..... it's only been one day and I miss you so much." My heart melted.

"Aweeee babe! I'll come visit soon. My dad is making me help out with his business this summer so I'll have my assistant fit you into my oh so busy schedule." I winked back.

"You have an assistant?"

"Apparently." I laughed.

"Look at you all grown up and shit."

"I know. I know......." I heard someone call his name. "It's a whole thing. I'll tell you when you have time."

"Sorry babe that's my mom. I gotta go. We are going to a movie."

"No problem. I lo.........." I ran into someone and dropped my phone. I looked up and saw Emelia in a pair of silk shorts and a tank top. She looked hot. I looked at her eyes and she was clearly scanning my mostly naked body. I smirked a little knowing she was checking me out.

"Sorry! I was reading a article on my phone and wasn't watching where I was going." She said sweetly bending over to pick up my phone. When she stood up we were inches apart. My breathing hitched in my throat.

Staring into her brown eyes put me into some sort of trance. My heart started beating faster.

She handed me my phone and whispered "he is cute." She smirked and walked by me.

I stood there for a moment trying to figure out why my brain almost exploded at that interaction.

"Hello?"