Chapter 17

Once I collected myself I was able to rejoin the party. When I walked outside I searched for Emelia immediately. I don't think my brain has been able to comprehend what just happened between us.

I found her across the pool deep in a conversation with a guy I didn't know. Not gonna lie he was incredibly hot.......... But I found Em so much more attractive. My first impulse is to go over there and wrap my arm around her so this guy leaves her the fuck alone.

no. I can't.

We can't let people know.......... Yet.

Instead I walked over to the keg and chugged a beer. The heated make out session earlier had made me lose my buzz completely. After I finished my drink I poured another one and looked back towards Em.

The guy she was talking to suddenly reached out and put his hand on her bare hip. She didn't move away. I felt fire rise up inside me.

Why the fuck was he touching her? Why was she letting him?

Before I knew it I was standing next to them.

"Hey Em." The guy dropped his hand when I spoke. Thank god because I was about to rip it off.

She looked over at me with a questioning expression.

"Hi Clara. What's up?"

"Uh..... nothing." My anger was disappearing and I suddenly had no explanation to why I was over here.

She looked into my eyes then grinned at me. She knew why I was over her........

"Okay well this is Philip. He was just telling me he was from colorado." She looked back at him and smiled.

Yeah talking about colorado with his hands on you.....

"Hello Philip. I'm Clara." I reached out my hand to shake his.

He took my hand in his. "Clara Lancaster? I've seen pictures of you but they don't do you justice." His eyes scanned my body and I became very aware that I was only wearing a bikini all of a sudden.

"Um....thank you." I said awkwardly taking my hand away from his.

"Sorry Philip...... she's taken." I looked over at Emelia who had just spoken. I raised my eyebrows at her in question. She just grinned at me then looked back at the guy next to us.

"Lucky guy." He grinned "what about you... are you taken?" He stepped towards her with a smirk. Oh god this guy was unbearable. I wanted to punch his stupid face.

Emelia crossed her arms "taken. Sorry" she shrugged her shoulders and smiled. She glanced at me and winked.

Fuck. I wish we were back in her bedroom. I felt myself blush.

"That's too bad." Philip said then walked away from us.

"So you're taken by someone?" I folded my arms and grinned at her.

"Only if she'll have me." She looked up at me with a smirk.

"Oh I'm pretty sure you've had her wrapped around your finger for a while now." I grinned. It was her turn to blush. I wanted to kiss her so bad right now. I know she wants to keep this between us for now but I am fighting a losing battle with myself right now.

I was about to take a step toward her.....

"Hey! Wanna play some beer pong?" I felt arms wrap around my waist. Emelias eyes switched from mine to the arms around my body and I swear I saw flames ignite behind her eyes. I turned around to find a very drunk Eric leaning on me.

Shit.

"Uh...." I looked back at Emelia who was still standing there with her arms crossed. She did not look happy.