Chapter 7

"You kissed her?" Stacey laughed.

"Yeah I don't know what happened. One minute she was singing the next I was kissing her." I sighed throwing myself on her couch.

After Emelia left the garage I decided to get back into the car and drive to Stacey's.

"Well......... how was it?" She said sitting next to me.

"I don't know...... it was quick. She pushed me away...... said things are complicated." I groaned and closed my eyes trying not to relive the pain of the rejection over again.

"I mean she's right."

"At least I know I can forget about her."

"What do you mean?"

"She clearly doesn't want me Stacey. She pushed me off of her." I opened my eyes to glare at her.

"Maybe she just doesn't want to be a home wrecker......... or maybe she doesn't know how she feels about sleeping with her bosses kid......" she suggested.

I guess that's a possibility............

"I don't care anymore..... I am just gonna worry about my relationship with Eric. God..... what am I gonna tell him."

"Well if the kiss didn't mean anything do you have to tell him?"

"I........ I..... okay. I'm not into girls anyways. I don't know why I'm so worked up about this."

She wrapped her arms around me.

"Because you are confused........Why don't you talk to Emelia about this?"

"You are right. I am sick of running from this woman."

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. It's almost 6pm. I need to get home. I haven't slept in my own bed in days.

"I'm gonna head out. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Stacey and I stood up and hugged them I walked out the door.

The black mustang was waiting for me outside and I cringed looking at it. I was so embarrassed that I almost wanted to just leave the car and walk home.

No I can't leave my fathers cars in random places.

I got in and started the engine. The car still kinda smelled like Emelia. I put my head on the steering wheel.

I want to talk to her but what can I say?

I honestly don't know why I kissed her in the first place.

This woman crush is going way too far. Get it together.

I pulled out of Stacey's driveway and drove home.

The first thing I saw was Emelia standing by her Honda. She didn't even look towards my car as I drove by.

Then, on the other side of the car, I saw Jessica Spieth. What was she doing here? Why was she with Emelia? Why was I suddenly so upset by this?

She waved as I drove by.

I pulled the mustang into the garage and walked out to investigate.

"Hello Miss Lancaster!" Jessica spoke first. I eyed Emelia who just nodded at me and my heart quivered for a second.

"Hello Miss Spieth. What brings you here today?"

"Oh Lia had car trouble! So I came over to help her out." Jessica walked around the car and wrapped her arm around Emelias waist.