Chapter 10

The flight into New York was pretty uneventful. I slept for most of the ride and didn't wake up till the flight attendant asked me to sit up for landing.

I haven't seen Emelia since our conversation on Saturday night. You know.... The one where she said she wanted me to touch her. The one where I contemplated breaking up with my boyfriend so she'd take me to her bedroom.

I spent Sunday thinking and packing.

Yes I want Emelia........ but what if it's just because I'm lonely. I need to give Eric a chance to remind me why I fell in love with him right? I can't just throw away my relationship for a woman I barely know.

That's the truth. I barely know her.

She's from Colorado. She has a business degree. She's 21. Our fathers were friends. That's All I know.

That's a lie....... I know she's beautiful, kind, and smart. She doesn't like coffee in the morning unless she's hung over. She loves her old rust bucket of a car. She's into me.

I popped out of my daydream as we pulled off the runway after landing.

A black Mercedes was waiting for my plane to park so it could collect me. I put my sunglasses on and left the plane without speaking to anyone. I hopped into the back seat of the car while the driver dealt with my luggage.

When he jumped in he drove me to my fathers penthouse without any questions.

I turned my phone off of airplane mode.

~just landed I'll be at my fathers place in 20 minutes.~

I sent the text to Eric.

~great! I'll be there in about 30 minutes. Can't wait to see you.~ I smiled at my phone. I did miss him so much.

~I hope you had a safe flight. See you tomorrow.~ the unexpected text came through and my smile disappeared. I felt butterfly's in my stomach and my heart started beating faster.

Why did my body react like this just from a text from Emelia.

~just landed. I slept most of the flight. See you tomorrow!~

I quickly responded then put my phone in my purse.

I need to get a grip.

As we pulled up to the large building overlooking the Hudson River I climbed out of the car and walked inside. My fathers penthouse was on the 43rd floor. He owned three floors and it even had its own pool.

I always loved the New York property but I rarely ever came here.

I took the private elevator that led to the penthouses and put in the pin to access my fathers floors.

Once I got through the door I stood and admired the space.

As soon as I walked in the door I had a view of the NYC skyline. It's a very open floor plan on the first floor. This space is meant for entertaining. The second floor is where the pool and the home gym are. The 3rd floor is basically a 3 bedroom apartment.

Father made me promise that Eric and I would sleep in separate rooms so I checked to make sure the guest rooms were ready to be used. We will see how long that lasts.

The driver and a door man brought my bags up and put them in the master bedroom upstairs. I sat on the couch on the first floor and played on my phone until I heard a buzz coming from the door.

I pressed the intercom button.

"Yes?"

"Miss Lancaster. I have a Eric Quint here for you." My heart started beating faster. I was so excited to see him.