Chapter 12

After a few minutes I composed myself and walked out to the table where Eric was sitting by himself.

"Hey where'd Kelly and Emelia go?"

"Emelia said she wanted to leave." He shrugged. "She looked like she was gonna be sick. Too much alcohol I think."

I felt a wave of emotions explode across my body. She went home with Kelly. I was angry for a moment until I realized I caused it. Then I felt sadness grip me and threaten tears right here in the club.

When she kissed me back tonight I have never been happier in my life. Like all the rejections in the past never happened. The kiss made me forget everything. As soon as her lips left mine it all came thundering back.

I really fucked up tonight. My heart was aching.

I didn't let my emotions show I just gave him a small smile.

Eric stood up and pulled me in to his arms. I let him hold me.

"Would you like to go back to the pent house?"

I just nodded my head and he took my hand and drug me through the club.

I ordered us a Uber and it was waiting for us out front by the time we weaved our way through the massive crowd.

When we got into the back of the car we rode in silence. I couldn't bring myself to talk to Eric.

Between the alcohol and the kiss I shared with a woman in the bathroom..... my brain was fried.

We pulled up to the large building and Eric helped me out. He held my hand in a comfortable silence all the way up to the apartment. He closed the door behind us then turned to face me.

"Did something happen?" His voice pierced the silence and it startled me.

"Why would you ask that?" I frowned at him.

"Well..... you haven't said a word since we left the club."

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Did something happen with Emelia?"

Did he know? How could he possibly? It doesn't matter. He deserves the truth. I can't lie to him.

"Yes." It was all I could say before I threw myself on the couch and tears formed in my eyes.

"Hey hey hey. Was she mean to you? Do you want me to talk to her?" He sat next to me and held my hand.

I started laughing involuntarily. So he doesn't know. Damn it. That makes this much harder.

"No Eric. She's not the problem I am." I said through laughs.

He sat back and stared at me confused.

"Remember how I told you I kissed a girl?"

He just nodded his head, even more confused now.

"It was Emelia......" I sighed I couldn't look him in his eyes "it wasn't just some dumb kiss that meant nothing either like I made it seem."

"So........ what....... You are into Emelia?" He questioned in a soft voice.

I can't pretend anymore. I am into Emelia.

All I could do was nod my head.

He stood up and started pacing back and forth in front of me.

"Im sorry Eric. You mean so much to me. I thought I could push past it if I could just see you....... It didn't work."

He turned and stared at me.

"Do you love her?"

What kind of a question is that? Could I be in love with Emelia? I thought I loved Eric. I feel more for Her than I've ever felt for him......... could it be love?