Chapter 20

Getting onto the plane was awkward to say the least. Emelia took about 2 minutes before she decided it would be okay to sit next to me because Stacey and Eric were there and they were doing everything they could to not show any sort of affection in front of me.

I don't think Em knows that I told Stacey about us...... and Eric pretty much saw us leave the party together 2 weeks ago.

Stacey and Eric sat at the booth with the table for takeoff and Emelia and I sat across from them on the couch.

I know Em was nervous about flying such a long distance so I sat as close to her as she would let me.

Eric and Stacey fell into a conversation during takeoff so I used that time to grab Emelias hand. She looked over at me and gave me a nervous smile.

"It's okay." I whispered.

She nodded her head and held my hand tightly until we were well above the clouds.

"Well I'm gonna try to get some sleep in." I yawned and stood up. "We land around 6AM in France."

"That's a good idea." Eric said enthusiastically. "I'll join you." He stood up and I saw anger flash in both Emelia and Stacey's eyes. I looked at him questioningly. "No no not "join you" join you. I meant I want to sleep too!" He said flustered.

Stacey visibly relaxed but Emelia still looked upset.

"I'm sorry Emelia. She's all yours." Eric laughed and I watched Emelias face shift to shock.

"Wha..... what are you talking about?" She sat up straighter. Stacey punched his arm.

"Oh shit I forgot Stace said it was a secret..... uh my bad." He gave a weird smile then walked towards the recliner in the front of the plane.

Emelias eyes switched to mine then to Stacey.

"Oh come on Emelia. We would've figured it out anyways. Clara's obsessed with you." Stacey shrugged then walked to the recliner next to Eric's.

I was left alone with Emelia who was staring at me with her arms crossed. I didn't know what to do so I nervously giggled then speed walked to the back where there was another couch that converted to a bed.

I was setting up the bed when I heard Emelia clear her throat behind me. I whipped around quickly and she was standing there with her arms crossed staring at me.

"Oh.... Uh hi Em." I gave her a small smile.

She didn't say anything back.

"Listen I technically didn't tell stacey at first. She guessed it. But I never told Eric. I'll get her back for that one." I took a step toward her.

Emelias face broke into a smile. "It's okay Clara." She met me halfway and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I figured Stacey knew. It was only  a matter of time before Eric knew. You can't keep your hands to yourself." She shrugged and chuckled.

I relaxed a little and wrapped my arms around her back. "Thank you for not being mad. You're perfect." I kissed her nose and leaned back.

"You're way too cute to stay mad at. Now let's try to sleep." She dropped her arms and walked past me to the bed I had just made. I watched her climb under the blankets and smiled at her. She tapped the bed beside her "what are you waiting for?" She grinned.

I climbed into bed next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and she put her forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and listened to her breathing. I was asleep in no time.

I was woken up by a flash and I quickly sat up. I rubbed my eyes and tried to gather my dark surroundings. I heard someone giggling and I felt Emelia start to stir next to me.