Chapter 9

I'm waiting for my father and Emelia in the foyer. I decided on wearing a strapless dark red dress that went to my ankles. There was a slit on the right side that exposed my legs up to my mid thigh.

I love having excuses to wear fancy dinner dresses.I just wish there's be less old men with wandering eyes at these things.

My father walked into the room in a tuxedo and a bow tie. He looked very handsome. But tired. Maybe he needs a break. He seems a lot more run down then usual.

"Hello darling. You look gorgeous." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks. You look pretty dapper yourself." I grinned up at him. He smiled at me then looked behind me.

"There you are! Ready to go?" He acknowledged someone walking into the room and let me go.

I turned around to see Emelia walking towards us in a simple white dress with spaghetti straps that hugged her curves and cut off just above her knees. Her hair was in waves around her perfect face. She looked like a Angel. A sexy angel.

"Yes sir." She stopped in front of us and smiled. I watched Her honey eyes glance over my outfit quickly then she smiled. "Good evening Miss Lancaster." Her sweet voice made me want to melt.

It was like her standing in front of me completely turned off my brain. I couldn't remember how to speak. All I could muster up was a nod of my head and hope that no drool was coming out of my mouth.

My father walked towards the door to meet the limo outside. But I still couldn't take my eyes off of Emelia.

"After you." She spoke softly and gestured with her hand to the door.

My brain switched back on and I scurried to the door. I heard her giggle as I basically ran out of the room. Lord help me.

I climbed into the limo and sat in the farthest corner from the door in hopes that I'd avoid Emelias eyes.

She climbed into the car after me and my father followed. I stared at my phone for half the drive. I was just trying to look busy so I didn't have to join in the conversation.

This woman makes me so damn nervous. No one ever makes me nervous. I usually don't give a shit about anyone's opinions except close friends and family. But here I am hoping Emelia likes my outfit or hoping she thinks I'm cool.

I need to get it together. She clearly stated that we can't be together.

That settles it. I'm not letting this bother me anymore. She is my assistant and I am her boss. I'm in control.

I sat up and put my phone away. I looked out the window and we were pulling up to the venue now. I saw a bunch of rich old men. Ugh......... it's gonna be a long night.  These dinners are only held so these people can brag about how well they are doing.

As my father climbed out first I took a quick glance towards Emelia. She was studying me while biting her lower lip. When she saw me look towards her she smirked and climbed out of the car.

Okay I change my mind.

Im gonna stay here in the corner where I'm safe.

I am not in control............

"Clara you dumb bitch. You're the boss" I whispered to myself trying to hype myself up.

I can't let her affect me like that. I think she's just messing with me because she knows I have a woman crush on her.

I climbed out of the car and followed my father inside.

"Dane Lancaster! How are you?" Oh great we are starting conversations already.