Chapter 8

I got out of bed and left my room to get some coffee.

I was hoping to find Emelia in the kitchen but she wasn't there.

That probably means she's been out all night with Jessica.

My gut twisted at the thought.

I made myself coffee and decided to get into a bikini and go lounge by the pool. I need to relax.

I've been way too in my head for the last week.

I soaked up the sun. I spent a while on my back scrolling through social media and when I was bored I flipped over to my front so my back could get some Sun.  I didn't realize I had dosed off until I heard someone clear their throat. I shot up onto my feet and looked towards where the noise came from.

Emelia was standing by the chair I was in wearing a pair of slacks and a button up blouse. She was looking up at me over her glasses with a small smile on her face.

"Oh uh..... Emelia. Hi." I watched her eyes scan my body quickly. I grew hot under her stare.

Suddenly she frowned and took 3 steps towards me. "Turn around." She demanded.

I didn't question it because the only thing going through my head was "yes mommy."

I felt her lightly touch my shoulder and there was a searing pain.

Fuck. I was burnt.

"How long were you out here?" She asked me as I spun back around. She was still frowning.

"What time is it?"

"3 in the afternoon."

Shit.

"4 hours! I didn't mean to fall asleep! Is it bad?" I panicked.

"Well......... it's not great. Listen......" she faltered for a second then shyly smiled at me. ".........I have some lotion that'll help if you want."

Oh god was she offering to lotion my back?

"I don't want to bother you." I looked anywhere but her face. "I'll ask fathers other assistant to help me out. I know you're busy."

"I don't mind Clara."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside and up to her room. I haven't been in here since last summer before Emelia lived here. There were books and papers spread out on the floor and graphs hanging on the walls.

"Really sexy atmosphere you've created here." I joked.

"Shut up." She giggled. "Lay on my bed. I'll be right back."

I laid on my stomach and just realized how little clothing I had on. I sat up on my elbows with my back arched so I didn't look so......... exposed.

Emelia walked out of the bathroom with a bottle "I've had this since I............." Her eyes found mine and I saw her breath hitch in her throat. Her eyes roamed my body and I swear I saw her eyes get darker behind her glasses.

She shook her head and walked towards me. "Uh.....Anyways......" I smirked. She was flustered. "Uh.. g...go ahead and uh..... lay all the way down. I'll put this on your back."

I did as she asked and put my arms above my head and laid my head down on the right side on a pillow. I closed my eyes preparing for the pain when she touched my burn.

The first touch was soft and on my shoulders. It didn't hurt at all as she rubbed my upper back. Her hands felt magical as they caressed my burnt skin. I was so relaxed I actually let a small groan out of my mouth.