The parade

I looked at the girls in their costumes. I was really getting to attached to them. Only one could come out I was going to regret this. I turned around with a sigh and opened the door letting them through. The makeup team had done a good job. They had done exactly what I had asked them to. Star had roses, stars and hearts tattooed over her collar bone and arm. While Scarlet had a hair cut (ther hair was shaved shorter on one side) and a more elaborate design going from the back of her head, down the left side of her face, the top of her neck, to her collar bone, to her shoulders, across her abdomen to her right arm. Down her leg to the end of her toes. The design included hawks, robins, spears, flames, all kinds of weapons, landscapes, sculls and lots more. I had even managed to get plants and animals that could turn up on her game with information about them tatooed. I wasn't going to take a chance. The tribute from 8 has proven since his reaping to be a sly one. He will know the careers weakness and he will use it.

Soon we where standing by the parade. Getting ready to go. We where out first as district 1. The chariot was stunning. I however was paranoid for what the others had, ever since the fire that Cinna put on distict 12 there has been speculation as to what is coming next. I just hope what I did will be enough to get the attention of the audience.

I walked over to our chariot where Gloss and Cashmere where making a speach. Soon it finished and I instructed the girls on what to do. Suddenly the anthem blasted out of the speakers. It was time. Our chariots jolted forward. My one second. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I took a step back.
Cashmere spoke "You did a good job" I obly answering with a halfhearted hmmmm as my leg bounced up and down in anticipation.

Halfway through the parade, my "magic special effect" got to work. Large blood red and pitch black silk fabrics shot out from the back of the chariot. A cheer rose from the croud as the fabrics twirled and danced in a choreographed dance. I had done it, the attention was set on us, now we where one step closer to victory.

Thanks for reading, I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages, we have had tests in school, anyways, hope you enjoyed, Kia.