Hunger Games

The rest of the time flew by and soon I found myself in front of Star and Scarlet preparing them for their hunger games. I was tasked with designing cloths that could withstand extreme weathers. I was told there would be extreme heat and cold with torrential rain and similar weather. The rest we didn't have to prepare them for. However, I took this and make them a super adaptable clothing, explaining how to use it in cases of extreme weather hazards. This was my way of telling them what to expect without expecting.

Then they were lifted up the tube while the countdown went of. Quickly, I turned on the TV, momentarily giving myself a pat on the back for having the most durable yet flexible design. Then the tributes ran of. The tribute from two got there first, Scarlet joining soon after. Then the rest of the careers arrived and the bloodbath began.

10 out of 48 tributes died.
No one from 1.
No one from 2.
The seventeen year old female from 3 died.
No one from 4.
No one from 5
The twelve year old mixed (boy and girl) twins from 6 died.
The fifteen year old male from 7 died.
The thirteen year old female from 8 died.
No one from 9.
The sixteen year old male and his fourteen year old brother from 10 died.
The ten year old girl from 11 died.
The eleven year old girl and her twelve year old brother from 12 died.
That made 34 tributes that could take the win of 1. The two most qualified to do that were still in the game.

Returning back to the district 1 room, I found Gloss and Cashmere looking completely shattered. They must be reliving the days when they had to watch the other in the games. Four of those corpses had a sibling still in that arena . Shaking of those depressing thoughts I walked over and sat next to Blue and Gloss

Blue remarked how good they were ahead to which I replied
"There are double the tributes, their behind. Plus I don't think any of those could have taken the win anyway, the real threats are still in the game.Those kids..." I cut myself of before I said anything that could get me in trouble.
Blue seemed to be trying desperately to find a happy point in these games. "The arena seems nice"
I tried to not role my eyes, I really did.
"Wait until the weather kicks in. They are going to wake up to hail,   lightning, an earthquake or even a hurricane. They need shelter."

Luckily the cornucopia was basically just that. Gloss looked at me in suprise while Cashmere questioned where I got that knowledge from. "The information was needed to make her clothes."
"So she's prepared."
"As prepared as one gets for a natural catastrophe, not that this is in any way natural."

Later on in the day, the district 2 male (who I learned was called Callous) was getting agrivated over their lack of kill. He claimed they needed to lower the number of tributes but Scarlet convinced the team that the Capitol was using the enviroment against them, claiming the cloths they were wearing showed signs of extreme weather. So, choosing to belive the sane person they stayed in the Cornucopia.
This led to Callous getting in a fight with his sister over her lack of usefulness. One from four stepped up for her, the rest wisely stayed quiet.
The cannon went of as the district four male, eighteen year old career droped to the floor blood pouring out of his slit throught. At the sight I tensed up; relaxing a bit when Gloss skimmed his finger over my clenched hand but quickly looking away as Callous killed the district 4 sixteen year old sister as she threw herself at him. The next cannon went of and I carefully peered back at the screen. She had a knife in her chest and Callous had a wound on his shoulder.
Slowly he turned back to his sister. She bare had any time to react as her brother snapped her throught.

This was game changing. Volunteering your sister into the games could be forgiven by the Capitol, killing her could not. I stared in shock and horror at the screen. Blue actually through up in the bin. My eyes started to water. I tore my hand from underneath Glosses the walked away from the screen.

He was going to be killed. If not by the tributes then by the Capitol. This was good... , right? 31 -or even 30 by the morning- tributes left. I took a few deep breaths and got a drink from the kitchen. Walking back fully composed and carrying a glass of water for Blue, who was looking very pale.

The rest of the show was calm and they lay to bed. No doubt having nightmares about the threatening glare Callous sent to them and the camera behind them. To the audience.
No one in Panem would sleep well tonight.

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it. We are nearly at 1000 reads. While your at it please vote/like. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, it was a bit gruesome. Anyway, I think we all know what will happen next!
Kia