Next Stop...

I put the shovel on the ground and stood over the guy that killed her. So much rage built inside of me but at the same time grief. I didn't know if I should scream or cry. Even though he was the one to take her away from me, this is partially my fault too if not all of it. It was my job to protect her and I didn't do my job. So I guess I should be mad at myself instead of a dead man. But without her I feel dead though. Basically the same thing right? My clothes are covered in blood, I don't know who's blood but its soaked. I took the guys black suit off of him, along with his pants and shoes. I stripped off my hospital clothes and put his on. I left him there bare and alone. Just how he left me. Its only right. I feel no remorse for what I've done, I just wish I could've done it quicker. Resulting his death that is. Same to Bricen. I don't care. All that matters now is getting Deandra to a nice resting place then going to see my family. I have miles and miles to go before I even reach my neighborhood and it's all on foot so I'm in for a long hike. I'm starving though. And tired. I picked up Deandra and lifted her over my shoulder then picked up the shovel and began walking. Its only getting started.