Chapter 2

Wu Mei glanced at the person sitting on the sofa, sipping from a glass with delicate sips. 

"For some reason, I always felt that miss was different, but I couldn't quite pinpoint why."

She then looked at Ji Yuning, who was standing next to the piano. 

"Xiao Ji's pale, colorless face showed that she had been made to stand all night by miss."

"Xiao Ji's expression was blank and lacked emotion, as if she was used to miss's harsh words."

Wu Mei felt a brief twinge of sympathy for Ji Yuning, but it quickly passed.

"With my meager salary, I couldn't  possibly control miss's actions and could only helplessly watch as Xiao Ji suffered abuse."

"Excuse me, miss," Wu Mei said as she turned to Fang Bai. "I'll go wash the dishes now."

After speaking, Wu Mei turned and walked towards the kitchen.

The spacious living room was now empty except for Fang Bai and Ji Yuning.

As Wu Mei's voice faded away, Ji Yuning sat back down in her chair.

Fang Bai saw this and softly said two words, "Play it again."

And the sound of the piano filled the room once again.

At the same time, Fang Bai adjusted herself in the sofa, while moving closer to the piano, sinking into its soft cushions as she listened to the piano music, she felt as if she were listening to a concert.

"To be honest, I was still recovering from the book crossing event."

"Just a few minutes ago, I was still a student worried about my thesis."

"But with a blink of an eye, I had become a millionaire, a pure idiot, and was now tasked with raising a child over ten years old."

"Although Ji Yuning didn't actually need her to raise her."

"If I remembered correctly, based on the story in the book, Ji Yuning was already developing her hidden powers."

"Soon, Ji Yuning would no longer be passive."

Fang Bai put her glass back on the coffee table and looked down thoughtfully.

"My main objective at present, if I wanted to survive, was to make Ji Yuning's hatred for herself a little less intense."

"But I realized that this would be a difficult task."

"Despite Ji Yuning's emotionless eyes, I could still see deep-seated and inerasable hatred hidden within them."

"The bruises on her arms, the adhesive bandages on her palms, and her pale face were all the result of the original owner's achievements."

"In fact, I think there were even more injuries hidden under her clothes."

"!"

Suddenly, Fang Bai remembered the earlier sensation.

"I only intended to stop Ji Yuning from washing the dishes, but I forgot that she was still injured."

Thinking of this, Fang Bai's gaze immediately fell on Ji Yuning who was playing the piano.

Although Ji Yuning was playing the piano, her mind was elsewhere. 

"When the woman asked me to perform on stage, I already knew her intention."

"Even though the woman deliberately didn't give me time to practice, I silently memorized the sheet music so that I wouldn't make a mistake during the stage performance and foil the woman's plans.