Chapter 6

When Ji Yuning left the classroom, the once-quiet class erupted with noise.

Lake City No. 1 High School is the best in the city and many children from prestigious families attend. 

The Fang family is considered high-status in Lake City and news of Fang Bai caring for a child has spread, leading to much speculation about her intentions.

People don't dare to say anything in front of Fang Bai, but at private gatherings, there is often cold satire, and some students have heard rumors about Ji Yuning from their parents.

The rumor that Ji Yuning was a dog raised by Fang Bai spread throughout the school not long after she entered high school.

At first, some students didn't believe it, as Ji Yuning had the best grades in the school, and her life shouldn't have been so embarrassing. 

However, as time passed and they saw bruises on her body, they began to believe the rumors.

No one dared to offend the Fang family or approach Ji Yuning, for fear of involving their own families.

Now that they hear a parent is visiting, everyone is puzzled: 

"What parent? Isn't it said that Fang Bai never cared for Ji Yuning? What is she doing at the school today? Could it be that she is going to expel Ji Yuning from school and prevent her from studying anymore?"

Looking at the students below the podium, Teacher Li heard their discussion and slammed the desk in anger and said, "What does this have to do with you? Do you want me to call your parents too?" 

The class immediately quieted down and lowered their heads at the sound of his loud voice.

Only Ji Yuning's desk mate glanced at the corridor and looked back down, unable to find Ji Yuning.

Ji Yuning followed Teacher He to the teacher's office, and He Wei tried to make small talk along the way:

"Student Ji, I'm surprised that your mother is so young. How old is she?"

"Or is she not your mother, but your sister?"

He Wei asked a few questions, but when she saw that Ji Yuning ignored her, she felt that Ji Yuning was really aloof.

Typically, high school classes keep the same homeroom teacher, but the previous teacher of Class 3 had fallen ill, and the school was unable to find a substitute. 

So, they assigned the newly appointed He Wei to take over.

He Wei had only been in her position for a month and knew nothing about Ji Yuning's situation. 

The other teachers didn't mention it to maintain appearances, and all she knew was that Ji Yuning was reserved and had no friends other than her desk mate, Mu Xue Rou.

Seeing that everyone around her had their heads down and couldn't see their expressions, He Wei hesitated for a moment, then said, "Student Ji, if you don't want to talk about it, I won't ask."

Ji Yuning raised her eyes and softly replied, "Okay."

He Wei: "... "

Ji Yuning didn't need to answer so quickly.

Ji Yuning couldn't bring herself to answer Teacher He's questions.

She had initially thought the person coming was Aunt Wu, but upon hearing Teacher He mention the word "young," she realized her mistake.

A few steps later, they reached the office door.

The door was open, and as soon as Ji Yuning walked in, she saw the person sitting on the sofa, playing with their fingers.