Chapter 18

They arrived home at half-past five. 

Wu Mei was waiting in the living room and was surprised to see two school students in uniform suddenly appear beside Fang Bai and Ji Yuning.

Wu Mei was worried about Ji Yuning's quiet and reserved personality, fearing that she might be bullied in school and find it hard to make friends. 

However, to her surprise, not only did Ji Yuning bring classmates home, but miss even drove them back. 

" It seems that Miss not only has no objection to this, but was also very happy about it?"

After exchanging greetings, the four of them changed into slippers at the entrance.

Wu Mei asked Fang Bai in a whisper, "Miss, are these two Xiao Ji's friends?"

Fang Bai nodded, "Yes, they came to play for a while."

Fang Bai then turned to the three people behind her and asked, "What do you want to drink? Room temperature or cold? Coke or juice?"

He Ziyan, who had been to the house with her mother Zhu Ping a few times, naturally took off her backpack and replied, "Anything is fine."

Mu Xuerou, standing shyly next to Ji Yuning, whispered, "I'm fine with anything too."

After getting their replies, Fang Bai turned her gaze to Ji Yuning.

Ji Yuning pursed her lips and said, "I'll get it."

With that, Ji Yuning put down her backpack and went to the kitchen.

Fang Bai nodded secretly and thought, "Well, not bad, she has the demeanor of a host."

She didn't expect Ji Yuning to treat this place as her home, but her attitude now made Fang Bai feel nostalgic. 

"If Ji Yuning regarded this as her home, wouldn't things be simpler?"

Suddenly, there were two more guests at home. 

Wu Mei thought, "The two dishes she had prepared might not be enough."

So she followed Ji Yuning into the kitchen and prepared to cook a few more dishes.

Fang Bai knew what Sister Wu was thinking, so she said to the two people still standing in place, "Dinner will be ready in about half an hour. Are you going to watch TV or do your homework?"

Mu Xuerou held her backpack and said, "... I'll do my homework."

Fang Bai pointed to the dining table and said, "Then you can do it here, it's big enough."

Ji Yuning came out of the kitchen with a can of cold, red drink. 

When Mu Xuerou saw Ji Yuning, her nervousness dissipated, and she smiled at Fang Bai, saying, "Thank you, Aunt Fang."

The girl's smile was charming and comforting.

Fang Bai looked at her and thought, "It made sense to arrange Mu Xuerou as the female lead."

"Someone who smiles so cutely like her can indeed bring light to Ji Yuning's dark youth if she was by her side."

As Fang Bai was lost in thought,, a can of red, cold drink suddenly appeared, followed by Ji Yuning's voice, "Here you go."

Fang Bai looked at her in surprise and thought, "Ji Yuning, taking the initiative to give her a drink?!"

Ji Yuning noticed the disbelief in Fang Bai's eyes, but she couldn't explain why she took an extra can.