Chapter 15

Wu Mei walked down the stairs and spotted Fang Bai leaning against the railing, with a low mood emanating from her surroundings.

Although Fang Bai had no expression on her face, Wu Mei sensed something was wrong. 

She raised the empty cup in her hand and informed Fang Bai, "Miss, I saw Xiao Ji drink up the milk."

"Okay, good." Fang Bai stood up straight and thanked Wu Mei.

"Thank you, Sister Wu. You should rest early too."

Fang Bai only remembered that Ji Yuning hadn't drunk the milk after returning to her room.

Afraid that Ji Yuning might secretly pour away the milk, so she had decided to go upstairs to Ji Yuning's room again. 

However, as she left, she bumped into Wu Mei, and after thinking for a moment, Fang Bai asked her to go upstairs instead.

Ji Yuning's attitude towards Fang Bai made her feel a little frustrated. 

Fang Bai could sense that Ji Yuning's initial attitude towards Liao Li had also been very cold, but after only three phone calls, it had eased up. 

Of course, Fang Bai knew that the most crucial factor was because of what the original owner had done.

So leaving Ji Yuning's room hastily wasn't because she was angry, but because Fang Bai herself was feeling down.

However, this kind of decadent mood only lasted for one night.

After spending the whole night thinking about how important it was to stay alive, Fang Bai got up early the next morning, packed up, and went downstairs. 

Looking at the people eating at the table, Fang Bai walked over and said, "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Ji Yuning turned her head and glanced at Fang Bai, then quickly looked away, her eyelashes fluttering. 

"Hmm."

Wu Mei handed Fang Bai some food - congee and a small baozi.

After taking a sip of the congee, Fang Bai said, "It looks like a glass of milk every night still works."

Thinking that Ji Yuning hadn't had any milk since she went to school, Fang Bai said, "I'll take you to buy some later and bring it to school."

"No need," Ji Yuning said. "There's a supermarket at school."

Fang Bai nodded, "Oh, okay."

Ji Yuning got up with her bowl and walked to the kitchen counter. 

As she rolled up her sleeves, she heard Fang Bai ask her, "What are you doing?"

Turning on the tap, amidst the sound of gushing water, Ji Yuning's voice rang out indistinctly, "Washing the dishes."

"There's a dishwasher," Fang Bai said.

"That's right, Xiao Ji, just give me the dishes," Wu Mei said as she walked towards Ji Yuning, wanting to stop her from washing the dishes. 

But by the time she got there, Ji Yuning had already turned off the tap, and the dishes were already washed.

Upon seeing this, Wu Mei could only say, "You don't have to wash the dishes anymore. After you finish eating, just tidy up and go to school."

Ji Yuning responded with a sound of acknowledgement, "Thank you, Aunt Wu."

As Ji Yuning walked out of the kitchen, she saw her school bag sitting on the chair she had just been sitting in earlier.

As she reached for her bag, Fang Bai, who was sitting in the main seat, said, "Wait for me, I'll finish eating soon."