Chapter 10

Fang Bai's question had seemed impulsive, but her mind was already racing with calculations.

"After several days without contacting Ji Yuning, I realized that their time together would be limited if Ji Yuning continued to live on campus."

"Aside from winter and summer vacations, I would only be able to see Ji Yuning on weekends for the next two years."

"This meant that I didn't have much time to spend with Ji Yuning." 

"So how could I build a good relationship with Ji Yuning under these circumstances?"

Fang Bai knew she didn't have the confidence to quickly eliminate Ji Yuning's hatred towards the original owner.

Currently, she simply wished to spend ample time with her now.

"If Ji Yuning doesn't live on campus..." Fang Bai thought, but her thoughts were momentarily interrupted by He Wei's words.

"Miss Fang, although Yuning is only in her second year of high school and the academic pressure isn't too high, we still hope she continues to live on campus for her senior year. Living on campus provides her with more study time and a good study environment."

Fang Bai understood after hearing this. 

She had been so focused on her own desires that she had forgotten Ji Yuning still had to study.

Fang Bai just smiled and pretended she was just impulsive, saying, "I know that too. I just mentioned it because I was worried that Xiao Ning would feel awkward living in the dormitory. As for whether or not she wants to live on campus, it's not up to me. It's all up to her."

"But I knew that Ji Yuning would definitely not agree."

"In the novel, the original owner had sent Ji Yuning to live on campus to avoid her, and it became the only good thing that the original owner had done in Ji Yuning's eyes."

"Now, by suggesting that Ji Yuning becomes a day student, didn't I just erase the only good impression Ji Yuning had of the original owner?"

Fang Bai: "...".

Fang Bai was about to say something when He Wei suggested, "I can arrange a different room for Yu Mimi."

"Thank you, Teacher He," replied Fang Bai, calming her mind.

The three of them walked to the entrance of the teaching building. 

When they arrived, Ji Yuning stopped and said to Fang Bai, "I need to go back to the classroom to get something."

Fang Bai nodded and said, "Okay. I'll wait for you outside."

Ji Yuning went inside the teaching building. 

The classroom was on the second floor, and she returned with her homework and tidied up her desk within five minutes. 

When she came downstairs, Teacher He had already left, leaving only Fang Bai standing under the shade of a tree. 

Fang Bai's hand was fanning her face rhythmically, not agitated nor impatient.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew her skirt, and Fang Bai turned her head in the direction of the wind, coincidentally making eye contact with Ji Yuning. 

She stopped fanning her face and walked two steps forward, asking gently, "Do you have everything?"

After a pause, Ji Yuning walked down the steps with steady steps.

When Ji Yuning was one step away from her, Fang Bai stepped towards the school gate and asked the person next to her, "What did you go to get?"

"My homework," Ji Yuning replied in a calm tone.