Chapter 16

Ji Yuning was standing in front of the storage cabinet when Fang Bai immediately called her on a voice call after she had sent the message "okay". 

Ji Yuning pressed the green button and raised her phone to her ear.

As soon as Fang Bai answered the phone, she shouted, "Xiao Ning?"

Fang Bai's voice sounded just as usual, but a bit softer than in real life.

Ji Yuning had not turned on the balcony light, so her back faced the dormitory.

The dormitory light shone on her back, with half of Ji Yuning's face hidden in the shadows, looking dim and indiscernible.

"Hmm," Ji Yuning made a nasal sound in response.

Although Ji Yuning's temperament had nothing to do with Fang Bai, she still awkwardly rubbed her nose and whispered, "Sorry, Auntie's been busy these past few days and forgot to message you."

Ji Yuning didn't expect Fang Bai to explain this to her. She leaned against the wall, looking down and said, "I don't care."

"Um..." Fang Bai didn't know how to respond for a moment. Her words were too direct. 

After a few seconds, she changed the subject. "When did He Ziyan move into your dorm?"

"Last night," Ji Yuning replied.

Fang Bai propped her face with her hand and leaned her arm on the sofa armrest. 

"Why did she move into your dorm? Did Teacher He ask her to?"

Ji Yuning said coldly, "She applied to move in."

Although He Ziyan had brought campus violence to Ji Yuning during their student days, and Fang Bai had also subjected Ji Yuning to domestic violence, Fang Bai was still shocked to hear that He Ziyan had moved into Ji Yuning's dormitory.

Therefore, after learning about it, Fang Bai called Ji Yuning to clarify the matter.

In addition to shock, doubt also filled Fang Bai's mind. 

"The book did not mention He Ziyan and Ji Yuning living together."

"Moreover, He Ziyan had always commuted to school."

"Now, she not only lived on campus but also took the initiative to live with Ji Yuning..."

Ji Yuning's cold tone interrupted Fang Bai's thoughts. 

"She told Teacher He that she wanted to live together to make up for her mistake."

He Ziyan's self-criticism was sincere, and the school punished her. 

After He Wei heard He Ziyan's reason and asked Ji Yuning for her opinion, she agreed.

Fang Bai also thought of this and asked softly, "Did Teacher He ask for your opinion?"

Ji Yuning replied, "Hmm."

"Did you agree?"

Fang Bai realized that she had asked a foolish question. 

If Ji Yuning did not agree, Teacher He would not have allowed He Ziyan to move into her dormitory.

Ji Yuning pursed her lips and let out a quiet "hmm" in response.

In fact, she actually agree to the living arrangements, but she didn't care who she lived with either. 

When Yu Mimi had asked to switch rooms, Ji Yuning didn't object.

"Well, if she bullies you again, give me a call. If you don't want to call me, ask Teacher He to call me," Fang Bai said. 

Fang Bai didn't want to get involved in school matters, so she could only remind Ji Yuning to be careful.