Thalia Really Annoys Hecate (Percy's Perspective)

Hecate looked at us, probably waiting for us to sit down, but we just kept standing (Well, Hazel and Frank just looked caught in the middle and not sure what to do). Our arms were crossed over our chests and we all glared at her. Probably because she sent us to a random school in a different magical world without telling us why; that would definitely instigate some dislike. Hecate sighed again.

"So, the reason you're here." She began. We all glared at her some more (with the exception of poor Hazel and Frank) which wasn't so hard, because I had a lot of practice. Get to the point, lady! "So... you'll need to know some wizard history." We all stifled sounds of irritation and annoyance, (Hazel and Frank tried to look attentive- my heart really went out to them) except for Thalia, who outright groaned.

"You sent us to a wizard school in a different world just to learn a little history?! Couldn't you... oh, I don't know, spend just one hour teaching us if we needed to know so badly? Or better yet, just magic the knowledge into our brains?!" Thalia voiced all of our thoughts, and this time it was Hecate doing the glaring.

"I'll have you know, I was going to tell you a little history so that you understood your objective. Try to listen, and don't interrupt." Thalia still looked miffed, but Hecate ignored her. "As you probably gathered already, this is a wizarding school." Hecate looked at us, and I still didn't understand why she couldn't just get to the point. "For witches and wizards." She clarified, as if we didn't understand. My ADHD was kicking in, and I tried my best to hold it back. Leo reached into his tool belt, grabbed a few materials, and started fiddling with them, fitting them together with lightning speed.

"The wizards have recently been in a war with an evil wizard who named himself Voldemort." Hazel and Frank, I could tell, were really listening, but the rest of us were holding back giggles at the name. I heard Nico mutter under his breath,

"Moldyshorts," quietly. I snorted. Hecate shot me a death glare, and I tried to cover it up by coughing.

"Anyway, Voldemort-" Piper giggled a little, and Hecate fixed her mistake, "Well, his real name was Tom Riddle, so we'll call him that. He went completely down the dark path and was finally killed by a young boy after committing mass murder. His followers were called the Death Eaters."

We all made little Ohs and Hecate moved on, satisfied.

"He was thought to be finally dead, but he pushed the extent of evil forward so far that me and other gods, minor and major, scouted out the scene of his death to make sure. It was fortunate we did, because after performing a few tests on his unmoving body, we realized a bit of his essence- we don't know how- still resided in the body."

I still didn't feel like she had gotten to the main point, and we were all getting impatient. Annabeth was tapping her foot, her arms still crossed. Hecate paid no mind.

"We left the body alone for a while, leaving Tyche to guard it. All the gods separated to scout the rest of the scene and places where Volde- Tom Riddle or his Death Eaters had been. By the time we were back together- the meeting spot was at the body- we found Tyche unconscious and paralyzed."

I shifted my weight onto my other foot, a little more satisfied- the story was finally starting to pick up.

"Hades laid his hands on Tom Riddle's body and closed his eyes for a few moments. Then he announced that the essence was no longer there. The gods obviously panicked. Hades went to check the Underworld, and the next day declared that Riddle's soul was not there and that the judges of the Underworld had never seen Riddle. The Olympian Council convened and deduced that Riddle's spirit had somehow found its way into one of the gods. Nobody knows who- all we know is that they are possessed."