We Actually Asked For A Prophecy. We're Absolutely Insane. (Percy's Perspective)

(I gave up on finding memes that relate to what happens in this chapter.)

"Well, how are we supposed to get rid of this mess?" Annabeth asked.

"Just use scourgify?" I suggested. Annabeth scanned the mess for another moment, then nodded.

"That should do it." She decided, brandishing her wand at the two large, limp monsters. They disappeared. Next, she pointed her wand at the clawed, torn, blood-stained, and smoldering floor.

"Reparo." It cleansed itself of the grime and gore, pieces reknitting into the floorwork where they should've been, the last of the rising smoke dissipating. McGonagall took care of the window.

"Reparo," she echoed, surprisingly easily shaking free of Piper's charmspeak, and the sharp shards of glass scattered on the ground flew up- avoiding any students- fitting in different spots and mending with the segments around them until the gleaming, multi-colored stained-glass image of a graceful bird was whole and unblemished once more. I looked back at the students, who were still silent and petrified under Piper's charmspeak. Only their eyes moved, wide and darting between us.

"Should we wipe their memories?" I asked Annabeth. The students' eyes grew even larger to the size of tennis balls. Their hands twitched as if they desperately desired to move or run. I was sure that, without Piper's immensely capable charmspeak holding them back, they would've been rising in protest- or fear.

Annabeth hesitated for a second, then settled on "No, there isn't really a point anymore."

I shrugged and headed back to my table, devouring the last of my dessert. I had no idea what it was, and it looked weird, but it looked good. Annabeth walked over to my side as I stood up, finished. We headed out the huge double doors as Piper let the poor wizards free of her charmspeak. Needless to say, it was chaos.

"Hecate! HECATE. HECATE!" I yelled repeatedly. Annabeth just put her head in her hands and sighed, probably tired of my idiocy.

"She's not going to-"

Suddenly, Hecate materialized in a flash of raw golden light that blinded my eyes. I blinked rapidly, stumbling back, trying to get the feeling of hot, rough sandpaper off my eyelids. Annabeth looked up in surprise.

"Yes?" Hecate asked. I could see she was clearly irritated. Her eyes were narrowed, her fists furiously furled, and dark flowing robes rumpled as if she had just rolled out of bed. On the wrong side. And hit her head. Hard.

"Oh... um..." I took a step back fearfully, my eyes watering to combat the aftershock of Hecate turning into a human Sun. Hazel intervened, saving me the embarrassment.

"Are you alright?"

Hecate's eyes softened, her fingers unfolding tiredly. "Athena is missing."

"What?"

"Oh my gods!"

"Mom?!" Annabeth cried, standing up. Hecate sighed.

"Yes. I hate to admit this, but Athena keeps us together. Much like Zeus, we cannot function without her. Riddle is pulling us apart from the inside, targeting the base of our family." Hecate paused. "Needless to say, Ares is absolutely delighted for the time being. However, even he will understand the consequences in a matter of time." There was silence. There seemed to be an awful lot of that lately.

"Gods," Annabeth muttered dejectedly and put her head in her hands. I walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder in a feeble attempt to comfort her. She just needed us to be there.