Arming For A Little Argument

(Shoutout to:

1. @Zomygosh for commenting on many chapters and also voting on a few! It shows a lot of support and I really appreciate that! I love reading your comments and chatting with you. Thank you!

2. @DohaMadani who has voted on literally every chapter! I appreciate it so much; thank you for showing your support and reading my story!

3. Again, @Demigod_in_disguise8 for voting on every single chapter! You've been keeping up with updates and have been a big source of encouragement!

Enjoy, and thank you so much!)

I walked inside and pointedly looked back and glared at Harry, Hermione, and Ron. McGonagall got the memo.

"You three. Out." She motioned toward the door.

"No." Harry crossed his arms and stood his ground, and his two minions hesitantly did the same behind him.

"Out." McGonagall gained a steely look in her eyes. She wasn't going to back down; but neither was Harry.

"No! They're helping- they're with- they're Death-" He stuttered, then realized he didn't really know what we were doing. "They're a danger to the school!" He settled on, confidence restored. I rolled my eyes.

"Get. Out." I pointed toward the door firmly. Harry stood unyielding. "Now!" I added. Hermione came up behind Harry and whispered something in his ear. Then she started to walk toward the exit, but Harry shook his head and didn't budge. Whatever Hermione had suggested, it was probably too much for his ego to take.

"50 points from Gryffindor." McGonagall declared behind me. That did the trick. Harry wavered, then stepped out of the room, Ron behind him.

"Muffliato." I waved my wand at the walls, then crept toward the door. I heard footsteps and very loud whispering outside. I whipped the door open, and there, in all their glory, were Harry and his henchmen. They froze, things that looked like flexible ears on a string dangling from their fists.

"Do we need more points taken from Gryffindor?" I asked sweetly, tilting my head to the side.

"You wouldn't threaten points from your own house-" Harry began, but I cut him off.

"Oh, but McGonagall would," I replied, my voice dripping with sickly sugared syrup. Harry still looked unsure, but with a few whispers and beckoning motions from Hermione and Ron, he stalked off. What was with these kids and their House points, I didn't know, but it was helpful for these kinds of situations. I shut the door again.

"He's attacking," I told McGonagall. She paled, catching on.

"When?" She asked. "I should get all the teachers... students should be outside..."

"We already did that. The teachers are gathered in the Great Hall. Students- or at least most of them, I think- are outside." I replied. McGonagall stopped opening and closing cabinets, and looked up at me breathlessly.

"I... Thank you." She closed the remaining drawer and picked up some stray papers on the floor that had fallen. She placed them back on a shelf and headed for the door, motioning for us to follow.

"Wait." I rummaged in my pockets and fortunately found a lone drachma. "Percy, can you make a spray?" I asked, turning to him. He nodded in understanding, raising his arms. He flattened his palms and made a smoothing gesture in front of him, as if rolling out a piece of parchment against an imaginary wall. A ball of water formed in front of me and it flattened out into a thin sheet of water. 

"Oh Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Piper McLean in... in her dorm?" She'd probably gone there to get a drachma. Sure enough, the water rippled and the figure of the tan Cherokee appeared. She looked resigned, solemn. Behind her was another Iris Message, conveying the image of Shel.