3. New information~all day 'erry day

I give the envelope a swipe with my fingernail to check the seal was already open, (it was) and slid the papers inside, and out on the floor.

Inside are a bunch of documents from government agencies here in Australia, reports, profiles, and memos. Folded inside this small packet of papers are two photographs, one of my Nanna with someone whose face I recognise, and one of the man by himself.

I scan each document for a general idea or summary and once I finish with the first envelope, the contents inspiring me to seek out all the other Addie/Harry envelopes.

I pick up that pile of envelopes and carry them downstairs to the breakfast bar to read over, carefully and trying to be sure not to ruin anything.

I make a sandwich and a coffee for lunch and sit to start reading through those envelopes.

I sort them by posted date and start to learn about a youthful Nanna.

I read and search while eating my lunch but after 20 minutes of brain overload, I decide I need to make notes to break down the summary of the "Allie/Harry" mystery.

Harry Holt is one of the most famous Prime Ministers Australia has ever had.

He was not liked well by the public, but when their policies were revealed, the Liberal Party had plans that were going to change the Nation.

Unfortunately, not even 18 months into his 4-year term, Harry went missing off a beach pier and his body was never found.

To this day, it's considered to be "accidental death by sea" once Harry never returned.

Once I manage to summarise what I'd read onto paper, a conspiracy rose in my mind.

This mere thought is enough for my legs and brain to take back off for the storage room and gather the "confidential" stamped envelopes, wanting to do a similar summary.

Before I have managed to get through even half of the confidential envelopes, I stretch my arms and back to ease the pain of hunching.

Outside happens to catch my eye from above the bay window overlooking the beach only to notice that it was dark.
Late, dark...
I can see all the stars, the full moon is almost blinding to my eyes and the few small whisps of clouds cover nothing of importance in the night sky above.

I scrub my hands over my face and through my hair while contemplating all the new information I have compiled throughout the day.

"So, Nanna knew Harry Holt and these government papers are all addressed to 'Addie' who I can only assume is my Nanna, Adelle.
But why would Nanna need government papers, confidential ones at that about Harry, his team, funding and personal life?

How does any of this fit in with my born-again Christian, Nanna?

My Nanna who the family lovingly calls, 'The Macguiver of Arts and Crafts,' the teacher of card games across three generations and fiercest protector." I think to myself.

I make food, grab a cold drink of fizzy and head to the bathroom to soak in the tub.

I have a relaxing playlist going in the background, 6 candles lit and placed carefully around the bathroom with both my phone and glass of fizzy on a chair next to me.

I slide my body slowly into the hot watered bath and as my neck reaches the lip of the bath, I inhale then exhale slowly.

Yet despite my body relaxing in the warm water of the bath, my mind won't calm down. My brain is full of 1,000 questions that are circling and circling my mind that I can't fully relax.

What was my Nanna involved with? Why all the weird government papers? And why is Harry Holt the focus of all this?
The singular Prime Minister that went missing and was presumed dead.

Something strange is going on with this paperwork and I know I have to sort through it all to suss it out.

It was that moment, once I told myself what I was going to do, that I realised I wasn't crying anymore.

Nanna's mystery seems to be elevating my mood. Which is a good thing.

So I drink my fizzy and stand up in my bath, resolved to my thought processes.

I'm going to take as much time as is needed to understand the mystery of my Nanna.