13. The truth about love

I chose yesterday to confront this problem.
I contacted the lawyer who said he would speak to me, today, after he's had time to read my NDA from top to bottom.

This morning he stopped by and we had a straightforward conversation to explain what my options are in relation to the NDA.
What I can and cannot say and to whom... it even goes so far as to state that I shouldn't even have shown it to my lawyer after signing.

He calmed me when I started to get worried about my secret admirer finding out about me showing him. Thankfully, confidentiality is an important term for a lawyer.

I had again, invited my sister, Anne to tea today, too.

Going through our tea ritual before any real conversation started. Once seated comfortably with her cup and saucer, Anne met my gaze and intuitively seemed to know.

"You want a favour." Anne stated.

"Yes Anne, I do." I answered.

"Well, come on then, spit it out!" Anne's patience with me already waning.

"I need you to move in with me to help keep Mum and Dad at an arms length until my baby is born. Is there anyway you can help with this?" I asked her clearly but shakily.

Anne looked at me and scanned my body from head to toe, her gaze flicked around the living room and whatever else was within her gaze, before bringing her gaze back to me.

"Yes, Adelle, I can and will do that for you and my niece or nephew. When will you need me living here by and what do you need me to bring?" Anne questioned after supplying me with my required answer.

"Within two weeks and no, other than you're own clothing, everything will be supplied." I clarified.

Anne nodded her head in agreement, took her cup and saucer to the kitchen to clean it and left it air dry on a cloth.
She came to me, gave me a brief hug and said, "Yes, Addy I will help but for now I'm heading home." With that, Anne left and gently closed the front door behind her.