15. Learning Harolds doom

Amid the craziness of becoming a new mother, I have watched Rose grow. She's gained weight, grown in length and her hair now has a few clear ringlets amid the fluff.

Sadly, it was merely four days after Rose's birth, that there was a knock on the door.
I was feeding Rose, and so Anne was the one to answer the incessant pounding on the front door.

Once the door was open, a suspicious looking short man, in a mismatched suit and short brown hair smeared heavily in hair product to hold it slicked back.

"Marjorie Gillespie?" He asked looking at Anne.

"No, Harold Dames." Was Anne's short and terse answer.

Scoffing, the man peeked his eyes over Anne's shoulder and noticed me sitting on the lounge.

"Marjorie Gillespie?" He asked looking at me this time.

"No, Adelaide Dimitri." I answered.

The man then had a most disgusting smile on his face, eyeing me like a piece of meat. My breastfeeding was slightly in his view which flustered me and I did my best to cover myself, without disrupting Rose's feed.

He pushed past Anne roughly to stand in front of me, and thrust an envelope into my hands and leered at me as he sneered at me, "Marjorie Gillespie, you have been served."

And with that, he vacated my home and quietly closing the door behind him before I could host a coherent thought!

Anne seemed as flabbergasted as I felt.
"Have you met that man before, Addy?" She asked me in a slight shock.

"No, Anne. But it appears to be legal documents of some kind! Can I get you to burp Rose while I investigate?" I answered and asked.

"Of course, Addy. Pass her here and open it!" Anne encouraged.

Handing over Rose, I walked to the single lounge chair, sat down and opened the letter.

I read the first two pages, line by line and upon registering what I was reading.

"Anne!" I gasped.

She looked over to me with Rose on her shoulder being par on the back by Anne. She must have seen something on my face.

"What's wrong, Addy?" She questioned me.

"Zara is trying to both sue me for 'Pain and Suffering', because their family is 'broken, and it's all Addy's fault!' And add to that, she's suing me for custody of Rose." I intoned monotonously intoned.

The court date in front of a judge is set for March next year. Given that it's early November I have plenty of time to speak to my secret admirer about a lawyer and a way out.

I am not looking forward to telling Harry.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

It's only been four weeks, but her cute little smile, the dimples that I hold on my very own face on her fact, too, and her facial expressions when asleep are just too, too adorable.

Harry has admittedly only made it over twice since Rose was born, but I also know that work, Zara and his children take up a good component of his time.

The last time he came over he brought a bouquet of colourful flowers to keep in my room and a plethora of new 'girls' outfits in fifty different shades of pink.

Anne smiled when she saw just how overboard Harry had gone with the clothing.

All three of us sat in the loungeroom for tea and dinner, with Rose in her bassinet in the centre of the room. Her little cooing noises so incredibly adorable I think my heart melted a little bit.