18. Harold's Extermination

The gentleman who required my invitation was actually Harry's opposition, John McEwen.

The gentleman approached me again after lunch while Harry took his children into the water.

We made small talk for a few minutes with him surreptitiously glancing around out of the corners of his eyes. Once he was certain that no one was listening, he began to speak.

"Ms Gillespie, I know this isn't what you want or need, but I want to explain to you why this is happening."

My throat went dry, and I struggled to form words and so nodded mutely.

"Harold is not only making enemies of the wrong people. Through his policy and legislation practices are causing issues for our great Nation. He plans to amend the constitution to give the federal government responsibility for indigenous affairs. He also plans on promoting greater engagement with Asia and the Pacific and has already made visits to a number of East Asian countries in the past twelve months. This simply cannot continue to occur. The current plan is for me to invite Harold for a swim beyond the bluffs. Once some time is spent in the ocean together, I have a tranquiliser to put in his neck, and letting him drown will be relatively easy. Once I come back, it will be to raise the alarm that he is missing, and we can go from there."

Again, I could only nod mutely in response.
My throat felt like I was trying to swallow an apple, whole. My eyes began to water slightly, and I was about to excuse myself when the man stood and departed my side to walk in Harry's direction as he returned the children to Zara.

I had my dark hair in an updo, I was wearing the latest fashion bathing suit it was all one piece, but the lower portion looked like little black shorties, and the top part had the appearance of a top with a halter neck. I was also wearing sunglasses.

I couldn't help but to compare myself to Zara, who was slightly taller than I, her blonde hair in perfect form despite the breeze on the beach and was wearing a summer dress versus a bathing suit. Although her face looked naturally gloomy when she had a smirk and grimace on her face at the same time.

Delores bought Rose back in my direction at the most perfect moment. I was able to push Delores a little through conversation.

"Delores, Harry's other kids adore Rose, and I really do wish to let them spend time together. I simply don't trust Zara, and I'd like to request that you go with Rose and keep an eye on both Zara and Rose, if I can?" I asked.

"Of course, Miss Marjorie." Was her reply.

I took that opportunity to head towards Harry and the man. I actually asked Harry, "Will you be going for a swim?"

The man gave an almost smirk. As if to say,'Thanks for getting on board.'

As they headed off into the ocean, I ran up behind Harry and quickly threw my arms around his neck for a hug.

Although I caught him by surprise, he picked me up and twirled me around, and I leaned into his ear and whispered, "Be careful, be safe."

Harry placed me back down on the sand and grabbed my hand to place his lips on it.

"I'll be back soon, Addy."

That was the last time I saw Harry, the father of my daughter Rose.