three

Yara hummed to herself as she moisturized her body in Cocoa butter and Cocoa Vaseline Body Oil. She had just finished a long and refreshing shower, and was now getting ready for a long shift at work.

"Come in." Yara replied, hearing a knock on the door. She was still in her towel, but she already knew it was only Niara.

"What time your shift end tonight baby cakes?" Niara asked, looking at herself in Yara's body mirror. Everytime she saw a mirror she had to look at herself. She could never get over how fine she was.

"I close tonight." Yara responded, laying out her uniform. She wore a black polo style shirt, khaki pants, and slip resistant shoes for each shift.

"You know how to drive?" Niara questioned. She was going to let Yara drive her 2021 Black Honda Accord Sport, because she knew that she wouldn't feel like waking up at three AM to pick her up.

"I was in drivers ed, but I still don't really know what I'm doing." Yara chuckled. "It's okay, you don't have to pick me up. I'll walk back."

"Yara don't play with me. You not walking nowhere, if I don't come get you I'll send Hakim or Treasure. They both stay up late." Niara stated. Yara's heart fluttered at the sound of both names. She was still on cloud nine about the events that took place the night before.

"I don't want them to come out that late just for me, I promise I can walk." Yara suggested. She was so used to walking everywhere she needed to be, so she honestly had no problem with walking back to the house.

"Yeah, so just text Hakim when you ready. I'll drop you off." Niara waved her off, leaving the room. Niara could tell that Yara was used to being independent and fending for herself, but she wanted Yara to know that it was okay to ask for help.

Yara only nodded, locking the door behind Niara out of habit. She started to get herself dressed, because she had to be to work in less than a hour. "I don't even have their number, how am I gonna call?" She asked herself.

Yara shrugged her shoulders not giving it anymore thought. When she was done getting dressed, she lined her ears with her earrings and her neck with her necklace with the initial "Y." She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag that she usually carried.

As she walked down the hallway that lead to the living room, her mind wondered back to Hakim and Treasure. She kept wondering if the drinks were the only reason that they were all over her yesterday night. Overthinking was one of her biggest problems.

"You ready baby cakes?" Niara asked, rubbing Jayah's scalp as she laid on her lap.

"Yeah, but honestly Ni I can walk. It's no big deal." Yara protested.

"Isn't it dark outside?" Jayah frowned, averting her attention away from her favorite TV show Outerbanks.

"Exactly, come on tootie go put your shoes on so we can drop her off." Niara chimed in. Yara silently sighed going to stand by the door. She really did appreciate what Niara was doing for her, she was just scared that it would be thrown in her face later on.

Once Jayah and Niara had their shoes on, they all exited through the garage into Niara's Kia. "You sit in the front Yara." Jayah shook her head, watching as Yara opened the back door.

"Yara get your ass in this front seat, why the hell you going to the back?"

"Ni." Yara whined, covering her face as she got in the front seat. "I'm just not used to all of this. I figured since she was your daughter she was supposed to ride in the front seat."

"Baby it's just a respect thing. I don't really know how to explain it, but Jayah is fine with sitting in the back. When you get out, she'll get in the front." Niara replied.