twenty five

excuse mistakes!

"1...2...3"

"Wait!" Yara shouted. "Maybe we shouldn't look at them."

Hakim mugged her. "Yara how we gone know if you pregnant or not if we don't look at them? We been sitting in this bathroom for a hour now."

It was the next day and as planned Hakim was back with his two favorite women. When they woke up from their slumber of sleep, they took care of their hygiene and now they were sitting in the bathroom staring at the four pregnancy test.

"Papa I'm nervous." She whined. "Ok, fine on the count of three. 1...2...3!"

Treasure flipped all four pregnancy tests over, and as soon as she did the whole room fell silent. The trio stared at the double lines on each test, blinking to make sure they were seeing correctly.

Hakim was the first one to break out into joy. "Let's fucking go! I just know my son gone be fresh as hell." He shouted, picking Yara up and spinning her around.
Treasure picked up the tests, smiling just admiring the new journey that was coming their way.

"We're definitely having a girl." Treasure responded. "Honestly I don't want to do the traditional pink color for her, we need to do like another color. Let's be different."

Yara covered her face, tears cascading down her face. "I'm gonna be a mom." She repeated to herself over and over again. She prayed that this was just a false pregnancy scare but she saw the proof and took it for what it was.

"How you feeling baby? We need to make a appointment." Hakim asked, placing Yara down on the counter before he walked in between her legs. He took the pad of his thumb and started wiping her face.

"Mama talk to us. Why you crying? Are you excited, sad, scared?" Treasure questioned, jumping on the bathroom counter to sit next to Yara. She remembered their talk in the car from the night before, but she knew that Yara was still holding something back.

Yara chewed on the inside of her cheek looking down. She fidgeted with her fingers, contemplating on whether she wanted to share the real reason that she was scared to have a baby.

"Stop holding your head down, ain't nothing on the floor." Hakim softly lifted her chin, before pecking her lips. "Take your time and speak."

"I don't want to fail or disappoint you guys." Yara finally admitted, followed by a small sigh. "I don't want y'all to leave me if something happens."

"What are you talking about?" Treasure frowned.

"Remember the fallopian tube thing. What if I'm not able to carry full-term? What if something happens to me or the baby during delivery? What if he or she comes out with a birth defect because of me?" Yara rambled, voicing the many concerns that roamed her mind.

Treasure took a hold of Yara's hands and lightly squeezed them. "Yara there are many women who had a successful pregnancy with just one fallopian tube. Yes both play a major roll in conception, but having one isn't gone to be a big downfall of carrying full-term. As long as we keep you healthy and happy, I promise you'll be good."

"What Treas said. You can't focus on the negative things when going into stuff like this because the tongue is so powerful and holds so much weight. It's okay to be concerned and scared, but best believe you won't have to lift a finger as long as me and Treasure here. So stop thinking we gone leave you because it ain't shit yo little innocent ass can do that's gone make us leave you. We in this shit until the end, can't lie." Hakim added to. He knew that Yara was younger than them, but he wouldn't have this moment any other way.