sixteen

excuse mistakes

"Just so that you know what we're doing Ms. Miller, we're going in to stop some internal bleeding. This is the reason you've been in pain all night and the reason you vomited blood. It'll be a quick procedure, and if all goes well we can discharge you as early as the end of next week."

"What if I can go home this week?" Yara asked.

Dr. Bekker lowly chuckled at Yara's persistencey. Everytime he came in to check on her she always asked when she was going to be able to be discharged. "I don't think so Yara. You just woke up from your coma not even seventy-two hours ago. We still need to monitor you very closely. If you continue to improve, we may be at a different answer next week."

"Your brother has already given my nurse his blood, so we're all set to go just in case things go down. I'll give you five minutes with your loved ones, and then we'll be back to take you to the OR." He added.

"Promise y'all will be here when I'm done." She mumbled, looking at nobody in particular. She was aware of all the surgeries she went through when she was first brought in, but she was very nervous knowing the risks of this specific one.

"Promise cakes." Niara smiled.

"We gone be here baby." Treasure replied, speaking for her and Hakim. They wouldn't admit it to Yara, but they were nervous as well. The biggest risk of the procedure was Yara loosing blood and them not having enough to replace it with.

"Me and Geno gone be here, probably arguing the whole time, but we'll be here." Lyric nodded, making everyone shake their heads.

Maia stayed on her phone, not even acknowledging Yara. She was too busy going through Treasure's recent photo thread that she had just posted two hours ago.

"Will Kofi be here?" Yara asked. He had been on her mind right along with everything that he revealed yesterday. She hoped that her reaction didn't hurt his feelings, because it wasn't her intentions. Everything felt like it was moving too fast for her, that's all.

"Yeah he should be here when you get back." Hakim replied. Yara nodded her head, hoping that Hakim was telling the truth. She had so many questions for Kofi and her biological parents.

Five minutes had flown by, and before you know it the nurses were wheeling Yara away. She had a small meltdown out of nervousness, but of course everyone made her feel better before she was taken away.

"Treasure you snapped on these pictures baby, why you eating the girls up like this?" Maia asked, saying something for the first time since she had arrived at the hospital. Lyric and Niara both looked at each other, remembering their conversation from the night before.

Treasure lowly chuckled, going to sit in Hakim's lap. "What you mean? Those pictures been in my camera roll for months I'm just now posting them."

"Your body look good as fuck, not gone lie." Maia replied. Hakim only chuckled, licking his lips at Treasure. "You could slut me out anyday." She said under her breath.

"Thank you boo." Treasure replied, unaware of Maia's last comment.

"Maia can we talk to you?" Lyric asked. She knew that Treasure was innocently thanking Maia, but she knew Maia's intentions. She didn't appreciate how weird Maia was being.

"Sure." Maia shrugged. She followed Niara and Lyric out of the room, walking to a small empty waiting room. When they all got in, Niara shut the door behind them.

"So what's up with you?" Niara came straight out and asked. She didn't have time to beat around the bush. She was never the type to sugar coat anything, if she had something she needed to get off her chest she was going to say it confidently.