eleven

excuse all mistakes

Niara sniffled, running her hands through her messy hair as her legs bounced uncontrollably. She hadn't said one word to nobody since they all found out that Yara had been kidnapped. She was devasted and angry. She couldn't believe that something like this could happen to Yara.

Police officers showed up to Niara's house after someone reported seeing a girl being forced into a white van. When they showed up at the scene they found Yara's phone along with her bag. They had a tech unlock Yara's phone so that they could contact her family; first emergency contact being Niara.

"I can assure you that we're doing everything that we can to bring her back." One of the detectives spoke, trying to reassure Niara and everyone else that showed up after hearing the news.

"Y'all got everybody here, but ain't nobody out there looking for her!" Lyric snapped. "Geno, get your fucking hands off of me!"

"Ma'am, the person that did this is surely going to slip up and make a mistake. When he does, we'll be there to catch him." The same detective replied.

"So we all just waiting for a fucking mistake? Nigga y'all waiting for this nigga to kill her! Do y'all fucking jobs." Niara spoke for the first time. "I need y'all to find her please. Y'all got her description and everything."

Hakim stared at nothing in particular, tuning out all of the voices. The more that he listened, the more that everyone pissed him off. When he first heard the news, he wasted no time racing to Niara's house. He was angry with himself. He knew if he would've never left Yara, that they wouldn't been in this predicament at the moment.

"Bouba I made everyone sandwiches." Jayah mumbled, standing in front of him with two sandwiches just the way that he liked them.

"I'm good tootie." He replied.

"Treasure do you want them?" Jayah offered.

"No I'm good boo, thanks." Treasure shook her head. She had immediately left work, when Niara called her. She cried the whole way over immediately thinking the worst. She tried to think positively about the outcome, but she knew how most cases turned up.

They all thought that Swiss and Ashanti had something to do with Yara's kidnapping, but was quickly wronged. A store nearby caught the whole thing on their security cameras, including a clear visual of the guy who snatched Yara. It was the same guy who was known for kidnapping vulnerable women and selling them into sex trafficking. The police had been trying to catch the guy for the longest, but everytime they came close to it he disappeared into thin air.

"I know she so scared right now, this shit about to make me sick." Niara sniffled. "I had literally just told her to come back home. I should've never let her go out by herself." She added. Niara was blaming herself for everything. She felt like she could've prevented all of this.

Before Yara had left the house Niara offered to drive her anywhere that she needed to go. Yara declined, because she felt like she needed time to wrap her mind everything that had happened. She didn't want to seem like Niara's burden, and she was already so used to doing things on her own.

Niara felt like if she would've persuaded Yara a little bit more that they wouldn't be where they were.

"Now, does Yara have any other birthmarks or tattoos or anything that we can add to her description?" One of police officers asked them. They had already gotten her clothing description, but they needed something that could possibly stand out on Yara.

"I-I don't know. I know she doesn't have tattoos, and she only has her ears pierced." Niara shook her head.

Hakim clenched his jaw, finally clearing his throat. "She got a birthmark spot on her right calf and on her left side near her stomach. She got a small mole on the side of her right eye." He spoke.