thirteen

excuse mistakes..
one month later...

"I ain't talked to you niggas since I don't know how long, what y'all been up to?"

Hakim took a long drag from his blunt, allowing for his high to build up. "Shit. Yo ass wanna be a country fighter and shit, that's why we don't see you." He chuckled, sitting his phone on the coffee table.

"Yo ass missed a lot, you gone reinlist or you done?" Geno asked, him and Hakim's best friend, Kofi. "You good to retire by now, or at least start your own buisness so you can get out that shit."

"Na, I'm definitely done. I already talked to who I needed to talk to, I ain't told mama or Yani yet though. I'm tryna just have a family and be happy foreal." Kofi replied, with a light shrug.

Kofi was Geno and Hakim's best friend. He was enlisted into the Navy as soon as he graduated high school. He always had dreams to fight for his country, and that's what he did. However; he missed being with his family, and he was tired of being away.

"I feel ya, me and Lyric thinking about having a kid. I feel like it's about that time." Geno stated, throwing a basketball in the air just to catch it again. Him and Lyric had their arguments, but they couldn't picture themselves with anybody else. They both agreed that they wanted four kids, and they had been talking about starting the process soon.

"Y'all kids gone be bad as fuck, don't ever send them to my crib." Hakim shook his head. Geno laughed, shaking his head.

"What about you Hakim? How you and Treasure doing?" Kofi asked, watching Hakim instantly tense up. Silence filled the outside patio while Hakim stared into his backyard.

"Y'all good?" Kofi frowned. The silence only made him wonder, because if he knew anything he knew how much Hakim loved Treasure. He even used to tease Hakim about how much of a simp he was for her. So the thought of them possibly being broke up or on bad terms never crossed his mind.

"Yeah we good." Hakim nodded. "Ni took in one of her employees from the club, and me and Treasure was immediately on that. She got kidnapped a month ago, and she still in a coma." He explained the best way he could.

"Wait what?" Kofi frowned.

"Her name Yara. Beautiful, sweet, innocent." Hakim scoffed. "Me and Treasure was trying to pursue a relationship with her, but shit went all the way left. The man who kidnapped her did real damage, and she still in a coma. We don't know when she gone wake up." He added.

"They found the person who did it right?" Kofi asked, giving Hakim his full attention. "How come y'all ain't tell me nothing?"

"Fuck ass people ain't did shit yet. They keep letting the nigga get away. And nigga you ain't need to be worrying about us down here, you know me and Hakim already got it." Geno stated.

"How old is the girl Yara, she around our age?" Kofi questioned.

"Na she twenty. I'm finna go see her in a minute." Hakim mumbled.

"Damn bro, I'm sorry to hear that real shit. Y'all met her family and shit, how they doing?" Kofi spoke.

Hakim frowned, ashing out his blunt. "Come to think about it, no, her family ain't never once came to see her. I don't even know what's up with all that though. Like she told us she was adopted and some other shit, but I don't know if she was still talking to them."