six

excuse any mistakes

"Talk to me baby cakes." Niara entered the kitchen where Yara was cooking. Niara knew about Yara's dream of opening a food truck or restaurant so she made sure that Yara knew that she could use the kitchen anytime she'd like.

Yara blushed, preheating the oven for her twice baked potatoes. Jayah had expressed how much she wanted to try them, so Yara decided to make them along with steak and shrimp. She loved a good surf and turf combo.

"Well we kiss a lot, like a lot. Ni I really like them, but I don't know what to do. I've never done any of this before." Yara replied, scooping out each potato filling.

"Well the first question I'm going to ask you is, are you comfortable? You don't feel pressured, right?" Niara asked, taking a seat at the kitchen island.

Yara immediately shook her head. The last thing Hakim or Treasure ever did was made her uncomfortable. "Not at all. Somehow I feel like everything is just naturally flowing. Like this could work out?"

"Well that's good. I just want you to take your time, because like you said this is all new to you. Relationships are not a joke, and that can be taken in a good and bad way. They all come with their ups and downs. Just Go with the Flow."

"We agreed to get to know each other and learn more about each other. They said that I'm off the market while we're doing that though." Yara said, mixing in the potatoes mixture.

"That's good, building that bond first."

"Have they ever had another girlfriend before?" Yara questioned, looking up at Niara. She wouldn't be mad if they did, she was just genuinely curious.

Niara chuckled, shrugging her shoulders. "Ask them baby cakes. I can't answer that question for you. That can be one of the questions you ask to get to know them and their past better."

Yara nodded her head, making a mental note to ask them later. "Are you going into the club today?" She asked, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

"Yeah later on tonight. Lyric, Maia, and a few of the other girls got booked for this big ass birthday bash, so I gotta be there to make sure everything goes smooth. You're off today right?"

"Yeah, Hakim called Swiss and told him that I was sick with a fever and stomach bug." Yara nodded. Hakim still hated how Swiss was making Yara work so many long hours, so he took it upon himself to call in for her. Yara didn't protest it because she knew she needed the break.

"Speaking of, we need to get you an application filled out at the daycare." Niara snapped her fingers. "I'll pick one up in the morning."

"But what about Swiss, what if he gets mad?" Yara asked, chewing her cheek. Niara furrowed her eyebrows at Yara's question. Who the hell was Swiss? She thought.

"Um who cares? I mean if you want to continue working there you can, but the daycare pays more and you only work one shift baby cakes." Niara explained. "That shit smell mad good."

Yara smiled mixing in the cream cheese, sour cream, seasoning, and extra ingredients into the potatoes.

"I just don't want anybody to be mad at me, that's all." Yara nodded.

"Swiss be being mean to you or something?" Niara asked, still with her eyebrows bunched together. She knew that Yara was very soft spoken, so she wouldn't hesitate to have a few words with Swiss.

Yara shook her head. "Niara everything is fine."

She hummed in response, eyeing the way Yara's mood had changed so quickly. "Well let me know when you ready to go deposit your check."