nineteen

excuse all mistakes

Treasure sighed, hearing Yara's giggles from the living room. It was the weekend and as Yara usual living arrangements she spent time with them every weekend. She was so nervous to tell Yara and Hakim about what happened at work.

"Bae that's you?" Hakim yelled out, hearing keys dangling.

"Yeah, I'm here." Treasure replied. She made her presence into the living room where Hakim, Treasure, and Jayah were. She had already know about Jayah living with them for a while, so she wasn't suprised to see her.

"Hey." Yara cheesed, standing up from her position on the couch. She walked over to Treasure, excited to see her. Lately Treasure had been picking up extra shifts at the hospital, so Yara was always overly excited to see her every chance she got.

"Hey Yara." Treasure chuckled. "It smell good as hell, I just know you cooked up some." She added.

Hakim could already sense that something was off about Treasure. Usually when she came in, no matter how tired she was she would be welcoming him and Yara with affection, but this was way different. He noticed how she didn't even give Yara a kiss on the cheek.

"I cooked stuffed salmon, mashed potatoes, and a cream sauce. I'll warm your plate up for you." Yara nodded. She disappeared into the kitchen leaving Treasure, Jayah, and Hakim.

"Hey Jayah baby." Treausre greeted. "Can I talk to Hakim for a second?" Jayah nodded her head, going up to her room. The only thing she was allowed to have as far as electronics was a TV. Hakim had taken everything even her Macbook.

"What's wrong with you?" Hakim asked.

Treasure sighed, plopping down on the couch. "I'm tired for starters." She started. "But I need to talk to you and Yara. I just don't know how y'all gone take this shit. This shit came out of nowhere."

"What happened?" He frowned, giving Treasure his undivided attention. "You already know I don't like the sugar coating stuff, so get straight to it."

"Here you go Treasure. I didn't know if you wanted water or wine, so I brought both." Yara stated, walking back in the room with Treasure's plate. She had just got done cooking not even a hour hour ago, so the food didn't need long to warm back up in the microwave.

"I have to tell you guys something." Treasure said.

"Ok, what is it?" Yara asked.

"So I'm at work, and we're busy as fuck. One of my coworkers paged me to the waiting room saying that I had a vistor, so I'm like ok I'll be there in a minute. I'm thinking it's one of y'all, so I knew y'all wouldn't mind waiting. Then she paged me again not even ten minutes later, so I made my way down there. Guess who it was?" Treasure started.

"We don't know, who?" Hakim responded.

"Maia." Treasure answered. "So I'm deadass confused, but then I started thinking that today was one of her days that she needed one of us to to talk to. Long story short, she asked to talk in private so I lead her to one of the private waiting areas. She started asking me stuff like if I thought she was pretty and if me or you could ever see ourselves with her."

Yara immediately frowned, feeling like she knew where this was going. "She likes you guys?" She asked.

"This where it definitely gets weird. So I'm like yeah I think you pretty, but all my friends are. Next thing you know she grabbed me and kissed me." Treasure ended, watching Hakim's face turn unreadable while Yara's dropped.

"Fuck you mean she kissed you?" Hakim spoke, clenching his jaw. "Na she weird. Fuck she got going on?"

"I promised I stopped it. I swear on my life." Treasure immediately made aware. As soon as she felt Maia's lips on hers she wasted no time stopping the kiss. She had never looked at Maia in that type of way. Of course she thought that Maia was a really pretty girl, but she didn't know if she could ever see herself in a relationship with her.