eighteen

excuse mistakes
i'm gone go head and say it, this is a short chapter I got tired lmao hope you enjoy it though night night

"So the starting tuition per month is only three-hundred dollars. That will include breakfast, lunch, and snack meals. It will also cover all field trips for the month and all over activities. Since your little one is four, she will also be provided with small books to get her ready for kindergarten." Yara explained to one of the potiental new parents at the daycare.

"Ok, what about thing such as naps? Do I need to provide anything?" The parent asked.

"We do provide personal cots for each child, but we suggest that you send her with a sleeping bag or a blanket. We also have a website that some parents use to buy customized blankets. It'll be included in your folder." Yara replied.

"Thank you, my husband and I will be back to register her. I don't want to leave him out of anything. What's your name?" The parents responded.

"Yara." Yara smiled. Yara had been working at the daycare ever since her doctors cleared her. She wasn't cleared fully though. She was still limited to picking up heavy objects, pulling things, and anything that else that exhausted her body.

Hakim decided that it would be best if Yara was the personal chef and field trip coordinator for the daycare. Usually the students were fed Chick-Fil-A,
pizza, or sandwiches. However; Yara happily took on the job of being the new chef for the center.

Everyday Yara cooked a hearty hot meal. She tried to stick with a meal plan for each week, but her mind seemed to always wander. Of course every meal was kid-friendly, but she made sure that each child left on a full stomach. She cooked things as small as homemade french fries to big things such as baked chicken, macaroni and cheese, and fresh green beans.

"Hey, your sister just called." One of the employees, Jameria, said.

Yara chewed on the inside of her cheek, checking her phone. She knew that Niara only called the center if Yara didn't answer her phone. "Shoot, she called me three times." She mumbled to herself.

"Did she leave a message?" Yara asked.

"She said that Hakim and Niara were picking you up because Treasure got held up at work." Jameria replied.

Yara only nodded her head instead of responding.

"Are you coming to the block party tomorrow? It's usually a good turn out." Jameria wondered.

Yara made the yikes face, followed by a small chuckle. "I don't know Jameria. That's not really my scene. I know they're all going and even Jayah, but I don't know about me going. I know it'll be loud music and lots of people."

"But that's the thing Yara, you should come out just to see. You may like it and actually enjoy yourself. I promise it's usually all good vibes. Hakim and Geno throws the best block parties for that community. They have food trucks, bounce houses, and just good vibes. You already know you gone be safe." Jameria sighed. She had been trying to get Yara to go out with her on multiple occasions. She genuinely wanted to get to know Yara, but Yara was very timid.

"I'll think about it." Yara shrugged.

Jameria only nodded her head. Just like Yara, Jameria was twenty years old. She was one of the teachers at the daycare. Hakim knew Jameria's older sister from high school. She had asked Hakim to get Jameria on when he first opened the daycare, and he did so. She had been working at the center ever since.