Chapter 3 || Need

Y/n pov

After debating with myself for over an hour, I sat there in Kim Tae-hyung’s office pissed off and also confused about the situation. The unknown reason behind this meeting was killing me, the suspense was killing me. Several questions swirling in my mind made me feel lightheaded. What was it Kim Tae-hyung   wanted to talk to me about? Above that, what were the fucking lies Woo-jin fed his brother about me? I wanted to know, and the person who could give me all the answers was busy in a meeting.

I was told by his secretary to wait in his office, and he would join me shortly. Shortly, my foot. I waited for longer than half an hour, and there was no sign of him.

Bloody Kim. I tapped my foot on the floor impatiently, looking around out of boredom. My heart was in my throat, and the butterflies fluttering inside my belly were an indication I was doomed. A small part of me was glad that he was late. I still wasn’t ready to face whatever he had to say, but another part of me wanted to get over it as soon as possible.

I jerked out of my trance when the door of his office clicked open. Instinctively, I rose to my feet, my gaze traveled up until it stopped at the sight of him. Standing in the doorway, he stared back. The formal black suit he wore fit him perfectly, too perfectly for my liking.

Kim Tae-hyung walked inside like he owned the place—he did, though. But there was something about him that screamed power. Taking confident, powerful strides, he came and stopped before me. His tall frame was hovering over my five-foot-three frame. I raised my gaze to meet his, and damn, the man looked like a giant from this close. Those broad shoulders, well-built physique, and that sharp jawline made him look intimidating.

Don’t go there. I blinked and looked away, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath to get control over my scattered thoughts.

“You’re late,” I reminded him.

I heard him inhale a sharp breath. “I was in a meeting.”

“Should have postponed it when you knew I’d be here.” I didn’t like being taken for granted, even if it were by some stranger.

“Okay, fine. It won’t happen again.” He dismissed the matter altogether.

I huffed and took a seat on the couch behind me. “What is it you called me here for?”

Kim Tae-hyung rounded the coffee table and made himself comfortable in the one- seater. The silence that fell between us was scary. His intense gaze made me squirm in my place awkwardly. I cleared my throat, ran my sweaty palms down my floral-printed sundress, then raised my head to meet his darkened gaze.

“You can stare at me all you want after we’re done talking.” Before I could stop, those words were out of my mouth. There was nothing I could do to take them back, so I owned them and looked over at him confidently.

“Woo-jin told me you need money.” He eyed me curiously as if to read me. I tried to keep my emotions in check, not wanting to give away too much.

“Yes, I do,” I mumbled.

“Is that why you agreed to work at his club?” he asked sharply, his eyes hardening in anger.

“I didn’t agree, okay?” I shot up. “He was forcing me, so to get him off my back, I agreed to visit his club. I wasn’t going to work there.”

I had no idea why I was explaining this to him when I owed him nothing. But something inside me didn’t like that he thought the worst of me, which was confusing since I usually didn’t give a damn what people think about me. I was more of a laid-back person who believed in living life on my terms and conditions without fear of being judged by society. But with him, it was proving to be different. I did seem to care what he thought of me. Why? I had no freaking idea.