Chapter 7 || Dinner Date

Y/n pov

"Y/n," Kim Tae-hyung called me from behind, but I paid no heed to him. I walked ahead, ascended the stairs, and made my way to his-our-bedroom. Anger pulsed through my veins, my head throbbed from the ache that ran deeper into my soul. I didn't quite understand why I was so hurt, but I knew it was because I had come to like him. I had some expectations from him, even though I shouldn't have any. It was a temporary marriage. We were not supposed to have any attachment, but it seemed I broke the promise.

"Y/n! Listen to me, at least, dammit." He entered the room, pissed off at my ignorance. I rolled my eyes. He didn't have any right to be angry after the stunt he pulled last night.

"I don't wanna hear anything, Kim Tae-hyung ," I declared, making my way toward the bathroom, but before I could walk inside, an arm yanked at me, and I was pulled back. I yelped, my eyes widened as I collided with something hard, which I realized was my husband's well-built body.

"Kim Tae-hyung , leave me alone." I wriggled to get out of his grasp, but he held me firm and close.

"Hush, woman. Give me a chance to explain, at least," he whispered. He caged me against the wall, my body pressed against his as his eyes bore into mine. His hand traveled the path from my shoulder to my waist, holding me in place.

"What do you want to explain? Explain to me how you left me alone in the hotel room where I was waiting for you until very late at night?" I bellowed, allowing myself to express the hurt and anger I felt when he didn't return to the room after he disappeared to attend the phone call. I blinked, but tears made their way down my cheeks, no matter how hard I tried to stop myself from falling weak.

It was so humiliating and hurtful. I was there in the room, almost naked, waiting for him to come back. But he didn't. He didn't even bother to leave a message for me before leaving me alone on our supposedly special night.

"You shouldn't have given me false hopes when you were going to crush them," I sneered, both angry and hurt due to him. I had no one but myself to blame. Knowing the reality, I shouldn't have expected much. I did, and there I was shedding tears on his insensitivity. Maybe I was overreacting, but no one loved being abandoned on the night your husband had every intention to make love to you for the very first time. The hurt ran deeper, more intense than anything I had ever felt before.

"I'm not like those women you might have been with in the past who you can get and leave at your convenience." My heart clenched at the thought of him being with other women, but I didn't allow it to overpower my senses. It would have made the situation worse since I wasn't the best person to deal with when angry.

I looked up, panting heavily for a breath. He had a look of calmness on his face, but his eyes betrayed his calm demeanor. He was pissed off, barely holding himself back. Maybe he wasn't used to anyone talking to him like that, but it wasn't my concern.

"Done?" He clenched his jaw, inching closer to bridge the gap between us.

I gulped. The rush of emotions was making my mind go blank. This had always been a problem. With him so close, I couldn't get my mind to work in the right direction. All the rational thoughts would be replaced by the inappropriate, dirty thoughts about the things I wanted to do to him. Not again. I shook my head, exhaled a deep breath, gathering my scattered musings.

"My lawyer messed up with some important legal documents which were to be submitted this morning. I had to leave urgently to fix the problem," he explained, his tone and expressions clipped. "I wouldn't have left if it were not important."

"You could have left a message at least," my voice softened.

"It slipped my mind," he mumbled regretfully, his palm traveling up to cup my face in his palm.