Chapter 20 || HEA

Y/n pov

As I sat in the confines of our bedroom and analyzed everything Tae-hyung said before storming out, I realized I indeed overreacted. For most of our married life, I wished nothing but our relationship to be real. Now he said it was, I blew up, but he shouldn’t blame me for that. How was I supposed to react after knowing what I thought wasn’t mine, was mine all along? I just didn’t know it.

Until now.

Now I knew he wanted me. For real. What we shared was real, not some pretense that I thought it was. The knowledge made me feel both giddy and angry, but I shouldn’t let that overpower the love I felt for him. That’s what my heart said, and I was going to listen to it.

But I needed to ask him something before I confess. It was important to put whatever was left of my fears and insecurities to rest.

“What’s going on in that pretty head of yours?” I snapped out, hearing the husky voice of the only person I craved to see.

“Tae-hyung!” I sat up straight and looked over to find him standing by the end of the bed, his hands busy taking off his tie. I licked my lips as my eyes took into his sight. For the first time, I did it with a right, and that felt so freaking satisfying. He was mine, and I could proudly say it without any hesitation. “Where were you the entire day? I was worried.”

“Busy.”

I arched an eyebrow as I moved and sat on the edge of the bed on my knees in front of him. “Doing what?”

“Busy getting rid of our every problem,” he replied. “It’s over, sweetheart. No one will come between us ever again.”

I was taken aback hearing him. I knew what he was talking about. “Your father, you mean? What did you do?”

“I made sure my father stops messing up with our lives.”

“I don’t believe you.”

He smiled. “You should. I know it’s hard to believe, but he’s finally off our backs.”

I tried to return the smile but somehow failing. It sounded surreal. But then Tae-hyung didn’t have any reason to lie about it, not to keep me by his side at least. I stayed even when his father was being a bastard to me, and I had no intention of leaving until Tae-hyung himself asked.

“Hey! What are you thinking?” He rested a palm on my face and made me look into his eyes. “You think I’m lying?”

I shook my head. “No. It’s just that… it feels so...surreal?”

“It looks so, but it isn’t. Be assured, he’ll never interfere in our lives again.”

“I trust you.” I did. Even after knowing how he manipulated me into marrying him, I still trusted him the most. Maybe I was stupid, or maybe because my heart knew he was the one for me.

Tae-hyung was the only person other than my father who accepted me for who I was. He never tried to change me or judge me, and that was why I felt so comfortable being me around him.

“Are you still upset about this morning?” he asked as he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear.

“I’m not,” I whispered.

His lips curled into a sexy smile that made my heart skip a beat. “You are not?”

“I’m not, but I want to ask you something. Can I?” I asked, fidgeting my fingers as I was overcome with nervousness.

“Of course.” His look of assurance put me at ease.

“I don’t know how to ask this, but what Jungkook said a few days back about sharing a woman. Do you do that? Share women with him?” I asked after a lot of hesitancy. I didn’t want to offend him, but nor could I move forward without knowing what I was investing my emotions in. I was officially giving him my heart, and I wanted to know he’d take care of it.