Chapter 8 || Beautiful

Y/n pov

The next morning, I got ready for the day and made my way downstairs to the dining area for breakfast. A smile curled on my lips when my gaze fell over my husband seated at the head of the table. But the smile disappeared when I saw two other men present at the table as well—one of them was his younger brother, Woo-jin.

Anger coursed through me at the sight of him. He was the last person on this planet I wanted to see this morning after having such a pleasant night. I still hadn’t forgotten about his disgusting proposal or how he fed lies about me to Kim  Tae-hyung  .

I exhaled sharply, determined not to let his presence get a reaction out of me. Shifting my gaze from Woo-jin, I looked over to the other man who I’d never seen before. He looked about the same age as my husband and was dressed in a gray suit that fit his muscular body. He was handsome, but my husband took the cake when it comes to good looks. Biased.

“Y/n,” Kim  Tae-hyung   rose to his feet when he saw me. He walked over to me, and I felt a strong desire to throw myself into his strong arms.

“I overslept. Why didn’t you wake me up?” I lowered my voice so that only he could hear me.

“You were sleeping so peacefully. I didn’t have the heart,” he murmured, reaching out to brush a few tendrils of hair behind my ear.

Heat rushed to my cheeks under his darkened gaze. Shit, what’s he turning me into? I wasn’t the type of girl who would act all shy and coy, but as I mentioned before, Kim  Tae-hyung did make me act strangely.

“What are you newlyweds doing there?” Woo-jin called out from the table.

“Your brother is a piece of work,” I muttered under my breath, narrowing my gaze at Woo-jin, who was watching us with a smirk on his face.

Kim  Tae-hyung   let out a chuckle. “Tell me about it.”

He reached out and grasped my hand in his as he led me to the table. He pulled out a chair next to his and gestured for me to sit down.

“Aren’t you going to introduce your wife to me, Tae-hyung  ?” The man sitting across from us said, catching our attention.

My husband stiffened beside me. I tilted my head to look at Tae-hyung  . He wore a passive expression on his face that didn’t give away much.

Kim  Tae-hyung   cleared his throat. “He’s Jungkook, my best friend and business partner. And Jungkook, this is Y/n, my wife.”

“Hello,” I turned to Jungkook and greeted him with a polite smile.

“Hello, Mrs. Kim .” He gave a curt nod in response. The man had the same passive look as Tae-hyung’s father when he met me for the first time. Jungkook was looking me over with curiosity and somewhat distaste at what he was seeing. I was sure from the look on his face that he was assessing what Tae-hyung saw in me to marry. Rich snobs.

That was rude, but I didn’t say anything. I slid into the chair and helped myself to breakfast. There was underlying tension which the men tried to hide but were visibly failing.

“So, Y/n. I hope you don’t mind me calling you that?” Jungkook started, getting my attention.

I turned to him and shook my head. “Of course not.”

“I was wondering how you two met? I mean, I have never seen you with Tae-hyung before the wedding.” His curious gaze shifted from me to Tae-hyung, and both of us were stumped. Neither of us was expecting that question to be thrown our way. I had no idea what to reply, and glancing at Tae-hyung, he didn’t either.