Chapter 17 || Special

Tae-hyung  pov

“Y/n,” I turned to her after I cooled down a bit to have a much-needed conversation. Though I still felt murderous rage toward Jungkook, I knew I had to talk to the woman who was dragged in between without any fault of her own. I owed her an explanation as well as an apology. If not for me, then Jungkook wouldn’t have dared to suggest something like that to her.

I stared at my wife, who stood straight in the same stiff posture since Jungkook left.

That bastard! I hated him for ruining everything for me. Again. On the personal front, at least, things were finally moving to the desired direction for me, but he had to ruin it.

I moved over and kept a hand on her shoulder that seemed to have brought her out of her trance. She blinked innocently and raised her head to meet my gaze. Something stirred deep inside me at the lost look in her beautiful eyes—they missed their usual spark along with the innocent smile that always graced her lips. My heart ached for her. What I wouldn’t give to have a smile back on her face.

“Are you all right?” Y/n asked, keeping her hand on top of mine. I stared at her, amused.

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?”

“I know how difficult this is for you… knowing Jungkook’s importance in your
life.” Her voice lowered as she added the last bit, making me frown.

Why did I feel like she knew something about Jungkook and me? She was hinting at something. Come to think of it, Y/n looked pretty shaken up by his proposal, but she wasn’t shocked when Jungkook revealed things about him and me being a thing in the past.

“You know about Jungkook and me…” I intended to propose it as a question, but it came out as a statement because deep down I knew the truth.

She knew.

How was I supposed to react? Fuck that. What was going to be her reaction? There had never been a person who knew about Jungkook and me and reacted positively. That was another thing that only a handful of people knew.

“Yes.”

“How?” I never told her, nor could I remember anything that had given away that Jungkook was more than a best friend once upon a time.

“Your father told me at the family dinner,” Y/n replied softly, her hold on my hand tightening. “He told me many things, but I didn’t know if they were true or not.”

My fingers curled into a tight fist at my side. Dad. I should have known. That man wouldn’t stop meddling with my life, no matter how many times I told him to mind his own fucking business. He had crossed his limits this time by interfering in my relationship. Again.

He won last time, but I won’t let him win this time. He wouldn’t get to decide who I chose to be with.

“Y/n, we need to talk. Let’s go.” The words fell off my lips before I could stop myself. I didn’t give her time to think as I grabbed her wrist and dragged her upstairs to our bedroom.

“Before we start, I want you to tell me everything my father told you,” I said to her as I made her sit on the recliner across from the bed. I didn’t know the things Dad must have fed her to drive her out of my life. I wanted to know and clear every misconception or misunderstanding she might have had that could cause damage to our future together.

“He told me about the problems you’re facing in your business.”

“And?”

“And about your relationship with Jungkook, along with the fact that you don’t know how to choose an ideal partner for yourself,” Y/n said air quoting the word ‘ideal,’ leaving me fighting a smile at the way she said it. She was no fan of my father and didn’t shy away from showing it. That’s what I loved about her. She wore her heart on her sleeves and never pretended to be someone she was not. “Sorry to say, but your father is a judgmental ass. He always has a nasty thing to say about everything under the sun.”