Chapter 19 || Storm

Tae-hyung pov

I leaned back in the leather seat, feeling the calm that indicated a storm was about to hit. But surprisingly, I was prepared for it, more than I ever was.

Maybe I should have done what I did now long ago. That would have saved me a lot of heartache, but that would have robbed me of a chance with the only woman who made my heart beat.

I looked up as the door to my office burst open, and a visibly angry father charged inside.

"What the fuck is this, Tae-hyung?" Dad demanded, throwing the hard disk I sent him earlier in the day on my desk.

"What happened, Dad? Why are you looking so angry?" I asked with great satisfaction seeing for the first time I had the upper hand on him.

"I asked what is this?" he growled.

"Oh, that?" I asked, pointing to the hard disk that still laid on the desk. "Nothing much. Just some information regarding your illegal businesses, your connections with the politicians that you often use to hide your dirty deeds, and let's not forget some videos with the strippers from Russia. Media will have a field day with all this. What do you say?"

"How did you get your hands on this?" he asked without beating around the bush.

Kim Shin-jae didn't become who he was by doing righteous things. He played dirty, dealt with all kinds of wrong people, and invested in illegal businesses without really getting his name involved. But there had always been proof if looked for in the right direction.

That's what I did.

"You aren't the only one with connections." I smirked. Damn, I was loving this.

Dad slammed his palm flat on the desk and glared at me. "Why?"

"You aren't stupid, Dad. You know very well why am I doing this." He had no one but himself to blame for turning his son against him. I had taken his shit for years now, thinking regardless of how he was, he was still my father.

"For a pussy, you're ready to destroy your father?"

"Watch how you talk about my wife, Mr. Kim . You've done enough damage to her, but not anymore. If you do as much as speak ill about her, I'll fucking ruin you. Father or not," I spat harshly and watched his face lose color. He realized those weren't empty threats. I meant them as much I meant my wedding vows that I took with Y/n. "The moment this information goes out, everything you've built so far will be in tatters along with that reputation and social status you're so proud of."

I could see the wheels turning in his head. He knew and understood the consequences of my one act. "What do you want?"

"I want you out of my wife's and my lives. You can start by calling your PR team and telling them to stop their dirty game to malign her image in public," I told him as I straightened in the chair and looked him in the eye. "From here on out, you will not interfere in our lives. You will mind your own business and will let us live our lives as we please."

Dad stared at me for a long time in silence before his lips curled into a smile that didn't give away much.

"You know this was the reason I wanted you to take over our family business. Your never give up attitude, and your will to fight your own battles. Your brother didn't have that to run an empire. You do. You're so much like me."

I shook my head. "I'm not. I'll never do what you did to your own family."

He didn't say anything, turned around, and walked out of the room with his shoulders slumped in defeat.

Once the door closed after him, I let out a sigh. Finally. I managed to do the only thing I should have done long ago. But as they say, better late than never.
.
.
.
Don't forget to vote otherwise 🔪 😊 you know what I mean 🤪

[Words Count : 676]